Forum

Problem with filame...

Notifications
Clear all

Problem with filament runout sensor on creality 4.2.7 board (firmware Marlin 2.0.1-V1.2.1)

SteveM
(@stevem)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm have a ender 3 which I have recently upgraded with a creality 4.2.7 board, and am having problems getting it to respond to a filament run out sensor.

I have flashed the board (via SD card) with Marlin 2.01 V1.2.1 - which I understand to be the right firmware for using a run out sensor with no BL touch present. And the printer info screen confirms that the firmware has been updated.

When filament is present the blue led on the micro switch illuminates and goes out when the filament is removed as expected, however the printer does not respond to the sensor and just continues to print.

I have tried this with a couple of different runout sensor's bet getting the same result.

Any assistance on where I may be going wrong would be great,

Thanks

Steve

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@stevem May I ask that you have tried which different runout sensor? The type for CR-6 SE or Ender-5 Plus? At first, I thought that it was a hardware issue, but you said you have tried the different sensor ? 

I recommend you reflash the firmware and try if still the same result. I guess it a hardware issue. mainboard or your sensor.

ReplyQuote
SteveM
(@stevem)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply Kevin,

I have tries two filament sensor switches, both from ebay and both based on 3 wire microswitch.

Both illuminate (led on Microswitch) when filament is present and one of them causes the printers mainboard to reset when filament is inserted.

Ive found the image below online, can you confirm the wiring is correct and I will double check my wiring leads

Run out sensor wiring

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@stevem Hi, You got the right place on the mainboard. But not sure why you can not get it to work. I attached a video that may give you some help. Good luck!

ReplyQuote