Forum

Nozzle hitting and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Nozzle hitting and moving work after 12 mins.

rwalker43
(@rwalker43)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and new to 3D printing.  I recently purchased an Ender 3 Pro.  I have a decent mechanical aptitude and had no problem assembling and setting up the printer including bed leveling.  I'm using the glass bed.  I have used both the paper method and the .05 mm feeler gauge method.

The first print attempts of the dog in the examples didn't make it past 1 minute before the nozzle apparently hit the work started moving it around.  I kept trying to re-level the bed after each failed attempt and finally got it to go for about 12 minutes before it hit the work and started moving it around.  I don't seem to be able to ge further than that.

I have tried:

Upgrading firmware (although the display shows no change).

Making sure all nuts and bolts are tight.

Checked and adjust belt tension.

Leveled and re-leveled the bed many, many, many times.

Is there something obvious that I am missing in not being able to get further into the print job?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

This topic was modified 3 months ago by rwalker43

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@rwalker43 Recently my ender 6 got a similar issue, when I print something, it could print well, but after the half-hour when I check again, I got spaghetti. I found that the print has a little curl at the edge of the print, so I guess it lost the adhesion while printing. I am trying to print it again with a higher bed temp.

ReplyQuote
rwalker43
(@rwalker43)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@Kevin the issue turned out to be the bed temperature!  The preheat bed temp was 60, but the actual printing bed temp defaulted to 45!!  Rookie mistake!!  Also, if I post again, I need to include more basic info about my setup in the post!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@rwalker43 I can also get my print with the 60-degree temp.

ReplyQuote