New Printer: PLA St...

Notifications
Clear all

New Printer: PLA Sticking to Bed Like Glue

Diggum
(@diggum)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I'm new to 3D printing.  I put together my Ender 3 Pro, today, and started prints.  The basic cat turned out AWESOME, and I was so stoked!  I made a knob for the Z axis and it broke (I learned that it was a hollow part and I should have used some infill!), and then a knob for the extruder.  It was about this time that I noted that parts were sticking really hard to the bed.  My fourth part is a spacer for the Z axis motor, and it stuck so bad that the spacer portion tore (and part of it stayed on the bed). 

I'm using the stock magnetic bed, and I leveled it prior to my first print.  Could it be that as I continued to use the device, and things got warmer, parts expanded and I am printing too close to the bed, now (i.e., nozzle is actually touching and forcing the PLA down into the bed texture)?  Should I level prior to each print?

Thank you, in advance.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

The nozzle is too close to the bed when printing the first layer. You need to tight the leveling nuts about half circle turn to low the bed. About 0.2mm space should be left between the nozzle and the bed. After some testing and adjustment, you'll be fine. 

ReplyQuote
Diggum
(@diggum)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu, Thank you.  So it was that.  I'll be sure to check before every print, then.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up