Notifications
Clear all

LCD Blue screen

hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hello there everyone, I was trying to replace my main board with the Silent board upgrade, along with a BL touch. After installation, my LCD is completely blank, but this was BEFORE the BL touch install. I turned on my printer (Ender 3 pro) with the correct firmware on the sd card, and it was working normally. After installing the BL touch BOTH the silent and stock boards boot to an LCD that displays nothing, what can I do about this?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@hottudoggu It should be the firmware issue. Which firmware did you flash? Is your silent board V4.2.7 version?

ReplyQuote
hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin So I started using the version of the firmware that doesn't require the pinboard for my Ender 3 pro, since thats the only way the LCD would work, but now the Z-Axis motor wont function properly.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@hottudoggu Could you please share some details about the Z-axis motor situation? I recommend you reflash the firmware.

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-pro/

ReplyQuote
hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I have figured out the cause of the issue, the BL touch wiring was incorrect, however now the extruder just rams itself into the bad and doesnt stop when i try and auto home it.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@hottudoggu Have you disassemble the Z-axis end stop? Your BL touch is obviously not working now, that is why the nozzle will ram itself into the hotbed because the Bltouch did not tell the printer will Z=0 is. 

Also, check if your bl touch installed in the correct direction. I had this mistake before.

ReplyQuote
hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin I have it wired according to the picture creality sent me

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@hottudoggu One small suggestion, Cut a little plastics that indicated in bule to make your wire connection more stable.

Have you take off your Z-axis end stop? If yes, please reflash the firmware that without the pinboard version. 

Ender-3 Pro- 4.2.7-TMC2225 

Marlin2.0.1-BLTouch-V1.1.2(without adapter board)

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-pro/

3nderUser liked
ReplyQuote
hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

We're another step closer, it no longer rams the bed but when i go to auto home the BL touch blinks and the LCD says "STOPPED"

ReplyQuote
hottudoggu
(@hottudoggu)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I have the correct firmware installed as well, the one without the adapter board. Im getting a Z stop error too, should I just put the Z stop back in?

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up