Is it dead? Ender 3...

Notifications
Clear all

Is it dead? Ender 3 Pro v4.2.2 mainboard BLTouch

lphamjr
(@lphamjr)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I just got my Ender 3 Pro from Black Friday sales. I ordered it with the BLTouch Kit. I got the Ender 3 Pro in just a few days but the BLTouch took about 2 weeks. Since the day I got it the Ender3 has been working marvelously. Today the BLTouch arrived and I got it installed. I followed the directions included in the kit and now nothing works. The printer turns on and I get nothing but a blank screen with the blue light. If I remove the SD card from the printer before turning it on then it beeps over and over again. If I boot with an SD card in with the *.bin file then no beeping but still no display. I have let it sit there for over an hour in case it needed time to flash, but nothing is working. Did I do something wrong? No smoke, no shorts, nothing appears wrong, but I'm not getting anything working anymore. I removed the BLtouch and tried to revert everything back to the way it was but nothing works anymore. I have a $250 BRICK sitting here and it just makes me sad. If anyone has advice please let me know. It's only a few days old, everything should still be covered under warranty right?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

This usually happens when you flashed the wrong firmware(beeping, blank screen, etc.). You can check other posts here or watch some videos about how to upload bin firmware. 

ReplyQuote
David D.
(@david-d)
New Member Registered

I had the same problem. I found that the 5 conductor ribbon cable had the vcc and gr'nd connection reversed at the motherboard end. I changed them over and problem solved. Good luck,

David D.

ReplyQuote
mtanner47
(@mtanner47)
New Member Registered

Mine is doing the same thing as well..  What can I do to fix it?  I downloaded the original Firmware and tried to flash it again but it just sits and beeps and no screen.

ReplyQuote
tomti69
(@tomti69)
New Member Registered

Installing BL Touch officially ranks as my most horrible 3D printing nightmare - just like you I "HAD" an Ender 3 Pro that was working so nicely out of the box, and after considering all the ways to further improve my prints, all suggestions were pointing to the BL touch - unfortunately that thing is VERY FAR from reliable and causes more problems than it replaces. When it's in a "good mood" it will do as advertised - consistent first layers without you needing to level your print bed as often. But approximately 70% of the time it will not work properly - and when it's really in a "bad mood" it will decide to crash the print head on the print bed - all your carefully dialled-in mechanical alignments will be all gone at an instant. And it will put a nasty indentation on the bed. It has ruined a newly installed PEI sheet (unused) and has bent my new all-metal hotend. This after installing Creality's "latest" firmware upgrades specific for my board and printer model. They have so many versions of this and that that you need to be diligent enough to know what they are and what to download. After flashing the firmware and discovered that even the latest ones don't work, I decided to put it back as stock. But my printer already became a different animal by now and it just did not work properly like before. The "stock" firmware is not really stock. And you are left to fix it on your own. After too  many videos on youtube and doing all the research, I got pointed to the direction of compiling my own firmware - which is another set of worms by itself -Download VS Code, Download Platformio.ini, download Python etc. etc. etc. the problem will compound. I could not compile my firmware because of this and that etc. Then the day I discovered how and was able to compile, the problem is still there - then you get suggestions to remove a tiny capacitor on your board, reverse the wiring, change them to a larger gage, if the BL touch is V3, shorten the wire on the BL touch because the voltage is unstable etc. etc. etc. etc.  For short the printer was unusable for the next 3 weeks, and just like you, I don't like to have a useless brick hanging around. So I just got rid of the whole thing.

So do yourself a favor - AVOID BL TOUCH like you would avoid COVID-19. Take the extra effort to level your bed and ENJOY your printer - save yourself the trouble, you will not need BL Crash (oops BL Touch) to begin with. 

This post was modified 8 months ago by tomti69

ReplyQuote
mouseclone
(@mouseclone)
New Member Registered

Did you ever get your board working again? I'm fairly upset at myself for even bothering with upgrading the firmware in on my v4.2.2 board. I've had a blank screen for hours now. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mouseclone https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/3d-printer-display-screen-issues/ Check this article to see if any helps.

ReplyQuote