(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
gadgetChris
(@gadgetchris)
Nozzle Registered

Upgraded the Ender 3-Pro with the 4.2.7 board.

I follow the same procedure, as shown in the attached video, but it's not working. Still boots up the preinstalled version 1.0.1. ?!

Edit:(video was to big as attachment. Uploading to YT.

)

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by gadgetChris

ReplyQuote
gadgetChris
(@gadgetchris)
Nozzle Registered

The solution was to use a different SD card. I tried it with a 32MB card and was unsuccessful to get it to load.

Switching to the provided 8GB card, solved the issue. Still puzzled why it made a difference as both are formatted with FAT32...

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

@gadgetchris Creality forget to mention that V4 mainboards can not read sd cards that are larger than 32GB( guess it includes 32GB). I'll make a note at this forum. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
aka
 aka
(@aka)
Nozzle Registered

what if I erased bootloader, where I can get one to flash it through SWD?

(4.2.2 board)

This post was modified 2 months ago by aka

ReplyQuote
mardocheo
(@mardocheo)
Nozzle Registered

@aka Sorry to hear that, I m just curious ... How could you erase it ? Short ... ?

ReplyQuote
gadgetChris
(@gadgetchris)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @eli-liu

@gadgetchris Creality forget to mention that V4 mainboards can not read sd cards that are larger than 32GB( guess it includes 32GB). I'll make a note at this forum. Thanks for sharing.

I had heard TeachingTech mention not to get too big a SD card. So when I noticed I had a 32 MegaBite card, I though that was perfect for the job, but I guess it's too small !
I had no issue loading the Marlin code on it, but for some unclear reason it just is not recognized at boot loader time...

I now use this 32MB card for loading prints and it works fine. Just puzzled why it did not work for the updating. In any case, the included 8GB SD card will get the job done.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

@aka you are the first one having this issue. Creality didn't provide a bootloader file. I don't you if you can find it somewhere.

ReplyQuote
mookiie2005
(@mookiie2005)
Screw Registered

Hello, new to 3D printing.  Tried to update the firmware and now when I try to print when the stepper tries to move down it make a load noise and just hangs.  I cannot seem to find the stock version to try and load back can anyone help me?  I have a Ender 3 Pro V2 has anyone had similar issue were you able to find factory load to flash?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Admin
Topic starter  

@mookiie2005

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-v2/

Ender-3 V2_4.2.2-32bit

Marlin-2.0.1 – V1.0.2 (Factory Firmware)

Verified 

ReplyQuote
aka
 aka
(@aka)
Nozzle Registered

Posted by: @mardocheo

@aka Sorry to hear that, I m just curious ... How could you erase it ? Short ... ?

I've tried to flash Klipper firmware, but have build it with wrong offset, and therefore destroyed bootloader.

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up