Help with New Print...

Notifications
Clear all

Help with New Printer Issue

3DDad
(@3ddad)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi.  I bought my child an Ender 3 Pro for Christmas and we are having trouble with it. It isn't extruding filament while printing.  If we heat up the extruder and push the filament - it comes out.  But it won't come out while printing.  We are trying to print the test file that came on the sd card with the printer.  It is making a weird knocking sound where the advancer unit is.  I assume that is where the problem is.  I tried a few searches but nothing I found seems to help.  I thought I would post here to see if anyone could help us if it is something easy.  I'm attaching a short video of the knocking.  Thanks

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Eminent Member Registered

@3ddad hi rather than pushing the filament try using ‘moving the extruder’ from the menu. It should be on the move axis menu. It could also that the extruder is not gripping the filament. Also try tightening the extruder spring. 

good luck and welcome to the world of 3D printing. 

Creality Ender 5 Pro

3DDad liked
ReplyQuote
3DDad
(@3ddad)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@hantuuk Thank you for the response.  We tried and the filament does come out when using the move on the axis menu.  There is no knocking sound and it seems to advance with no issue.

Also tried tightening the extruder spring.  There is no difference.  Once we start any print, we get the same knocking sound in the video and no filament comes out.  

Any other suggestions are welcome.

ReplyQuote
hantuuk
(@hantuuk)
Eminent Member Registered

@3ddad hi again, normally when there is a knocking sound it’s either because the nozzle is blocked or the filament is tangled on the reel such that the filament couldn’t move. It’s happened to me a few times. However it only happens in a middle of a print. 
Also, on the slicer, I set the extruder temperature to about 200deg(for a PLA+ filament) I think any lower than 180 may not melt the filament thus the clicking sound. 
perhaps you could ask someone to send you a gcode file that works on an Ender 3. I myself have an Ender 5 pro and not sure if my gcode would work on yours.

sorry for the long reply, but good luck….

Creality Ender 5 Pro

3DDad liked
ReplyQuote