Having constant lay...

Notifications
Clear all

Having constant layer ripple issues.

Kawana87
(@kawana87)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I've been pulling my hair out trying to diagnose this later ripple issue. So far I've done the following:  retraction test (4/50 found to be best), temp tower ( 195/60), flow test, calibrate esteps, brand new nozzle, trimmed ptfe tube back to fresh section and tightened belts.  I still get a ton of stringing and ripples in the z axis. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@kawana87 I am sorry to say that it a similar issue with the Ender3 V2 layer shift. What is your mainboard? Replace a new board may solve your problem. But before that, I recommend you read some ideas from other users. Especially, try the ground wire eliminates static electricity method as your layer shift is not too big.

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/ender-3-v2/layer-shift-ender-3-v2/paged/24/#post-4332

ReplyQuote
Kawana87
(@kawana87)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I've got it alot better but still issues. I calibrated my esteps and flow, I ran a PID autotune (hot end and bed), temp tower, retraction and tightened belts.  This is what it looks like now. Still having some layers that are thicker than others.

My board is v4.2.2

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up