Firmware for Ender ...

Notifications
Clear all

Firmware for Ender 3 pro with 4.2.7 mainboard and BL touch 3.1

sussexcad
(@sussexcad)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

The firmware supplied by Creality for this shows 3 options, of which one is with a transfer board and one without a transfer board. I have just started 3d printing so can someone kindly tell me what is meant by a transfer board. The BL touch I have is the one with 5 wires which plugs into the dedicated BL touch socket on the mainboard

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

It is related to the mainboard types. 

The old mainboards like V 1.1.4, don't have the 5pin port so the BL touch is made with two ends 3pin +2pin. But there is no port for the 3pin. A transfer board is needed in this case. 

The new mainboards likeV4+, already have the 5pin port for BL touch. So the 5 pin BL touch can apply to it without the transfer board.

In other words, if the BL touch has a 3+2 pin, you need the transfer board. 

ReplyQuote
Mi7
 Mi7
(@mi7)
Screw Registered

i have installed and the bl touch works fine but after update my firmware my ender 3 pro start make great first and second layer and after that works like the nozzle smashing the previous layer , i was change the step and many other steps but nothing works ..... i really need help

ReplyQuote
sussexcad
(@sussexcad)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Eli liu I shall try that as I now know which firmware i need to use as my BL touch has the 5 wire plug which will go into the BL touch socket on the mainboard so i don't have a transfer board.

I will post when I have installed the BL touch as to how I have got on. My BL touch came from Creality and it appears it is made specifically for the series 4 mainboards.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Power Supply Customer

@mi7 You can change back to the previous firmware and see if the problem would be solved. My point is that if the current firmware works fine, you don't need to update it.

ReplyQuote
sussexcad
(@sussexcad)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Following the advice from Eli liu I have installed the BL touch and used the firmware for the BL touch without transfer board and after working out what i had to do with the Z offset it is working very well. I may need to tune the Z offset a bit more but it is a great improvement over the printing i was doing before. 

ReplyQuote
MartijnB
(@martijnb)
Nozzle Registered

@sussexcad

Hi,

Can you explain how you fixed the Z-offset? I've tried the BLtouch with the 4.2.2 mobo and new firmware. I also don't have the transfer board. Everything seems to work, but can't get the Z-offset ok. After move home I can't lower the nozzle. It will only move up. I can't find anywhere how to set the new Z-offset value.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
David D.
(@david-d)
Nozzle Registered

@eli-liu

I have the v4.2.2 board on my ender3 pro and m y BLtouch came with the 3+2 connector. I found I didn't need the transfer board as I plugged the 3 pin into the built in socket. Just be sure the connections correspond correctly with the 3 pin wires with blue to the left etc.

ReplyQuote
MartijnB
(@martijnb)
Nozzle Registered

I've received my new motherboard version 4.2.7. Download the official firmware from creatilty version 1.1.2 with bltouch and everything worked instantly. I think my 4.2.2 firmware was broken. 

Steps:

- Connect BLtouch

- Flash firmware

- Auto home

- move Z-axis down with some paper underneath like manual bed leveling.

- Write down the minus z-axis number (mine was -3.2 when the nozzle was perfect on the paper)

- Go to control -> bed leveling - Z-axis offset and enter the number you wrote down.

- Store settings

- Run the bed leveling program from the menu.

- I also choose the Ender 3 BLtouch within prusaslicer. It now always starts with a 3x3 bed leveling.

ReplyQuote
gavilanes
(@gavilanes)
Screw Registered

I just got my ender 3 pro at the end of december 2020. Its is a 4.2.2 (32bit)  and the BL touch I installed was 3+2, so it required the transfer board.

After I connected everything the homing crashed, motors do not move and something appeared in my screen "homing failed printer halted please reset". Can anyone tell what would have happened?

Anothe rissue I have is that I downloaded the corresponding firmware from https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-pro/ the file V4.2.2-Ender-3-Pro-32bit-Mainboard-Marlin2.0.1-V1.3.1-BLTouch   and copied it on a blank SD; I inserted it in the printer and turned on. Nothing happened but an initial waiting time of about ten seconds. Finally I browse to "about printer" and the version is not changed.

Does somebody have any suggestion for any of the issues above?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up