Ender Pro 3 seems t...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender Pro 3 seems to keep losing its MIND

Mindwave
(@mindwave)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

OK, Im far from an expert, but this is not my first printer. Ive built a prisa, and worked a lot with a monoprice mini III that is a WORKHORSE. But small and limited, so I wanted something stringer, more versatile and over all better.

May 2021 I ordered a Ender 3 pro, came with the 4.2.2 MB and for a few weeks worked fine. But as I started to read and study more I decided I needed some updates, so I bought the Creality 4.2.7 MB and swapped it out. SO for about 25 hours of printing everything went well.

Then the next print, nothing would stick. I tried manual bed leveling for 4 days, avearge about 2 - 3 hours a day, and nothing would stick. Bed leveling, hair spray, blue tape, nada.

I let most got to 4% and if nothing stuck I'd kill it and start from scratch.

Then I bought the "manual level bed update kit" you know new springs, aluminum wheels (my original plastic wheels actually fell OFF during a print {one did}) so I thought, makes sense, might help. - Nope not a difference.

So then I got the BL Touch from Creality, installed it updates the FW, still no go. Its been several days now, Ive been reading everything I can, but there seems to be a LOT of conflicting information.

For example, THe MB I bought said It was updated w/ the BLT FW, not quite true (ok, not at all), the demo's on how to install the BLTs are ALL conflicting, some use an ISP board, some dont some have 2 wires, mine doesnt, so heres what I have:

Creality Ender 3 Pro 4.2.7 MB, currently running Marlin 2.0.6 dated 6-11-21 my Z offest is -2.775  Ive tried -2.778 and 2.774

I start to print and the BLT does its 9 point check, and the vertical line down the left side of the plate works GREAT, then as it moves to the center it drags part of the vertical with it, from that point on nothing will stick to the bed.

HOWEVER there is a huge wad of PLA pn the bottom of the extruder.

So Im not sure at all whats happening, is it the beds not level? The extruders too close?

Please, anyone with some valid ideas they would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

j

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mindwave  For all the non-stick hotbed issues, I highly recommend them to check out CHEP's video and do a live leveling, far more useful than if you were leveling during the non-printing process.

ReplyQuote
Mindwave
(@mindwave)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Kevin,

Hey I am open to JUST about anything at this point

thanks

J

PS: do you find that your bed changes "heights" when its hot?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@mindwave Yes, it is. I have tried to level the bed when the hotbed is cool. I can gently pull the A4 paper, but there is a little resistance. Then I heat the bed and try again, I can feel more resistance when I pull the paper.

All objects expand when heated and contract when cooled, the hot-end and the bed both expand to make the gap between them smaller. That's why I like live leveling, you can see the real situation when your printer is working.

ReplyQuote