Ender 3 V2 Firmware...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V2 Firmware Upgrade

GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

There are multiple versions of E3 V2 firmware posted with the date of August 29.  I don't have a BL Touch so I know those versions aren't the ones I need.  This one seems correct (En Ender-3 V2_32bit_4.2.7_Firmware_Marlin-2.0.1_V1.0.1_TMC2225) but the firmware I'm using from August 14 is version:  Ender-3 V2-Marlin-2.0.1 - V1.0.2. and is a higher revision number?  What is the changed in the version posted on August 29?  Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

it's quite confusing when we look at the names of the firmware. Firstly, you need to know what mainboard version you have( V4.2.2 should be the default mainboard on 3V2), then you ganna look for firmware with 4.2.2 instead of 4.2.7. 

changes in the firmware are few. My suggestion is if your current firmware works great, then no need to change to another one, which may cause some unknown issues.

ReplyQuote
GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu There are two known bugs in the firmware that I'm curious if they are addressed in the most recent release.... M0 G-Code commands are not recognized in the firmware and there is a bug where if the Gcode file name is 22 or more characters, erratic print behavior happens.  I'm running V1.0.2 firmware from 14 Aug.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@geostork Thank you for letting me know. I'll report the issues to the software engineers. 

ReplyQuote
GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu Thank you.  Chuck Hellebuck's YouTube channel documents and mentions this code bug which he says all the issues are fixed in the latest Marlin 2.0.7 release.  See this video link. 

ReplyQuote
GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu This is another video that first described the firmware issues.  Chuck fixed with a fresh build from the latest Marlin firmware.  By the way, I LOVE my V2... prints great.  Thank you for a great product.

Eli liu liked
ReplyQuote
amar
 amar
(@amar)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @geostork

@eli-liu Thank you.  Chuck Hellebuck's YouTube channel documents and mentions this code bug which he says all the issues are fixed in the latest Marlin 2.0.7 release.  See this video link. 

Yes in addition to above, I see the EEPROM issue mentioned by Chuck Hellebuck in video

is also present.

Just to check, as shown in video, with the microSD card inserted in printer I tried modifying MaxAccelerationX to 520 under the Motion menu and then select Storage Configuration. I hear two beeps. The settings are retained after power cycle to printer.

However if I power ON the printer without the microSD card, the settings are back to default. Now if I insert the microSD card the settings are back.

My printer is also running on official firmware v1.0.2 that came out of box.

@geostork does this happen with your printer too??

ReplyQuote
GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@amar I have not tried this on my printer.  I would assume the behavior would be the same as you have verified though given I'm running the same firmware.  

ReplyQuote
Keywest1975
(@keywest1975)
New Member Registered

Is there a 4.2.7 main board available for the Ender 3 V2?

ReplyQuote