Ender 3 V2 dual ext...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V2 dual extruder or 2-in-1 extruder

ThePROX
(@theprox)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Does anyone know if it is possible to use one of these options on the ender 3 V2?  I would like to be able to run two or more filaments at once to print supports in a different kind of filament or do multiple colors.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

The Ender3 V2 printer has a V4.2.2 mainboard, where there is only one pin port for the E stepper motor(extruder). Therefore, you have to modify the printer by changing the mainboard, add one more extruder and more. There are some related videos on Youtube. 

ReplyQuote
ThePROX
(@theprox)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Does this mean that you can't use the 2-in-1 extruders as well?  They only have the one motor, but use the G-Code 600 (I think) to clear out the first filament and run the second?

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@theprox 2-in-1 extruders require two tubes(filament), they should be driven by two separate motors. In other words, either the first or second filament has to be feed by its own motor. 

ReplyQuote
ThePROX
(@theprox)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liuThanks for the info.  I'm still really new to 3d Printing, so I appreciate you helping out.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@theprox np, if you just started to use 3d printer, then better focus on what it can do, any modification may cause other issues. After you get familiar with basic techniques, you are able to move on to the next level. There are lots of things to learn and lots of fun.

ReplyQuote
Frank223
(@frank223)
New Member Registered

Posted by: @eli-liu

The Ender3 V2 printer has a V4.2.2 mainboard, where there is only one pin port for the E stepper motor(extruder). Therefore, you have to modify the printer by changing the mainboard, add one more extruder and more. There are some related videos on Youtube. 

Hey and sorry for up. Can you recommend concrete videos? There are a lot of trash as I understood right. I'm a newbie too

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@frank223

You need to change a mainboard that has another pin port for the extra extruder.

Frank223 liked
ReplyQuote