Ender 3 V1 with 4.2...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 V1 with 4.2.2 board

dravinangel01
(@dravinangel01)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I purchased my V1 off Amazon, along with a BLTouch kit. I've been trying to figure out how to install it for the last thirty minutes, and now I have a plain solid blue screen.

My mainboard says v4.2.2, and I don't appear to have an ISP burner plug location.

I have not changed boards or anything, I was under the impression this was mainly plug and plain but I guess not.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BR3F9N6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this is the link to the printer.

Any help would be great because I have a couple of commissions lined up so I'm hoping to get back up and running soon.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

For 4.2.2 board, you will not need ISP anymore. All you need to do is to install the BL touch first, copy the current firmware(.bin file) to the sd card, insert the card to the printer, start the printer, the firmware will upload automatically. 

ReplyQuote
electblu
(@electblu)
New Member Registered

I feel your pain. I have the same set up and it has taken 2 days to get as far as I have. I am stuck at the Z Axis calibration. As it turns out the rest of the installation was fairly easy once I had clear instructions and identified everything. 

ReplyQuote
dravinangel01
(@dravinangel01)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @electblu

I feel your pain. I have the same set up and it has taken 2 days to get as far as I have. I am stuck at the Z Axis calibration. As it turns out the rest of the installation was fairly easy once I had clear instructions and identified everything. 

Would you mind linking where you got the instructions? Scanning the QR code in the booklet just pulls up Creality's mailing address, and the booklet that's included isn't exactly helping much. It's telling me to plug pinboard A into the screen plug and when I hook up everything I have no screen. 

ReplyQuote
dravinangel01
(@dravinangel01)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @eli-liu

For 4.2.2 board, you will not need ISP anymore. All you need to do is to install the BL touch first, copy the current firmware(.bin file) to the sd card, insert the card to the printer, start the printer, the firmware will upload automatically. 

what firmware do I even download? The paper says V1.4 on the BLTouch guidebook, but I don't see that file on Creality's site and only for the 4.2.7

Also anytime I plug pinboard A in and hook up the 3 pin plug to it and the screen cable, my screen no longer works so I can't see anything at all.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@dravinangel01 try the firmware below. 

Ender-3-V4.2.2

Marlin2.0.1-BL-Touch-V1.3.1( with adapter board)  

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3/

ReplyQuote