Ender 3 Pro Z Axis ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Pro Z Axis motor top knob problem

GrimAir
(@grimair)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Has anyone else noticed the top of the shaft on the Z Axis motor has no notch to attach a knob to help with feeding the filament in? or is it just my Ender 3 pro that has this issue?

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@grimair Hello, Not sure where you exactly refer to, could you please share a picture? I can help to check with my 2 ender 3 pro printers.

ReplyQuote
GrimAir
(@grimair)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

Here's the attached photo of the motor, on the top you can see a round shaft, but i know i can print off a knob to manually feed the filament in, but the problem is, without a notch or one side ground down, theres really nothing stopping the knob from free spinning, just wondering if its just my ender 3 pro ? or are they all like this? is there a way to secure a printed knob on top of this shaft without it just spinning?

thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@grimair Hi, For sure this is a serious quality issue. Actually, the knob is not the most important thing. The gear cannot be fixed reliably to the lead screw so it may cause step losing. I strongly recommend you contact the seller to send a replacement part. An unbelievable mistake from Creality.

ReplyQuote
GrimAir
(@grimair)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Thanks for that, i thought it must be wrong, i have had a few times where if i could manually feed it would have helped, rather than having to use pliers for one to pull broken filament out, and also to help feed the filament into the bowden tube. Just didn't think it was right.

thanks again

ReplyQuote