Clear all

Ender 3 Pro wont store settings

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Champ54
(@champ54)
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone, I have a recently purchased Ender 3 Pro with a 32bit board. After installing a BLtouch the printer will no longer store the settings. I have to go through the rigors of resetting the Z offset everytime I switch the printer on. When I go to “store settings” the printer no longer beeps and it does not store the settings. I downloaded the BLtouch 4.2.2 firmware and used the USB cable to flash the printer. I normally do not have the printer connected to my computer. Looking at many of the Youtube videos and almost all have different firmware to my printer and each other so there must be many variants out there.If someone can please tell me how to get the printer to remember the settings that would be great.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member

@champ54 Is the MicroSD card inserted? These types of machine settings are saved to MicroSD. 

ReplyQuote
mlogue9
(@mlogue9)

Ever hear of EEPROM or NVRAM, folks? I have frequently swapped out SD cards and lost quite a few. Dumb idea storing machine settings on removable media. For example you are instructed to format sd card with a firmware upgrade.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member

@mlogue9 Yep, What Creality doing now is not a clever idea. Machine settings should be saved to the board’s EEPROM, instead of MicroSD.

ReplyQuote
Champ54
(@champ54)
Topic starter  

Hi All,

Further to my previous post I am no further ahead. The machine definately will not store the settings either on the SD card or in the machines Eprom.

I went to Marlin.crc.id.au, paid the $15.00 to subscribe and was able to download their latest bin.file and flashed the printer. Although I seemed to have all the additional functions and BLtouch displayed almost none of them had any effect on the printer. In other words they just did not work. When I went back to the site it will not allow me to log in it just freezes up at the log in screen and tells me I have to have a subscription which I have paid for and have an email acknowledging that I have paid. Seems I might be better off removing the BL touch completely and just putting the printer back to its originally supplied firmware. maybe that will work better than everything else I’ve tried.

ReplyQuote
llasher
(@llasher)

Just came to this as this is one of Creality’s best kept and most inept secrets. God save us from wacky corners that are cut in mass produced Chinese design. I love the Ender but EEPROM technology aint hard, its literally last century now.

ReplyQuote