Ender 3 pro version...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 pro version 4.2.2 with bltouch firmware with transfer board all fans not working

vautourb
(@vautourb)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

So I installed the BLTouch, flashed the official firmware from creality.  The only fan that works is the power supply fan. 

I have checked the wiring 100 times and it all seems fine.  I have tried to print small models to big models, and the fans never come on.  The Board fan does not come on, the extruder fan does not come on and the side fan for cooling does not come on.

Each individual fan does work if i just connect them to a 24v power adapter

This is a stand alone system not hooked up to a PC.

both the extruder fan and the cooling fan are plugged into the k-fan ports, they are the original fans. I know they share the same PWM and should turn on after a few layers.  Nothing happens.

anyone have any ideas?

This topic was modified 2 months ago by vautourb

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@vautourb Measure the pin output voltage of the motherboard for the controlled fan port when you set the PWM command to 255. If it is 0V, the motherboard has a problem.

Please note that not just rotate the knob to 255, you have to press the knob down to send the instruction. Then measure the output voltage of the controlled fan port.

ReplyQuote
vautourb
(@vautourb)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

Im using the stock Firmware, I've been through all the menus and no where does it state pwm.  I have fan speed set to 100%.  

None of the menus have a PWM option.

In cura I added gcode to turn on fan, and I can watch the display show the gradual change in fan speed from 0 to 51% to 67% to 100% at no time do the fans actually turn on.

On the Ender 3 pro, I set fan speed to 100% and nothing happens.  It it common that the fans don't work? I mean that,s a pretty basic concept when dealing with melting plastic is it not?

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by vautourb

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@vautourb Sorry for the confusion. What I said " PWM command to 255" is the cooling fan speed to 255 and click the screen knob. Then measure the output voltage of the controlled fan port.

It is not common that the fans don't work? You have checked the fan is fine. so it is likely something wrong with your motherboard.

ReplyQuote
vautourb
(@vautourb)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin So looks like the fuse on the 24 volt power was blown, obviously not the safest thing to do but I soldiered a jumper onto the 24 + to the 24v +fan pin and all is working.  I did order a 4.2.7 board so when that arrives I'll swap out the boards.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@vautourb Hope the new board could fix this issue.

ReplyQuote