Ender 3 Pro Screen Unreadable

13 Posts
12 Users
9 Likes
caps61
(@caps61)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I got a CR Touch Auto leveling accessory for my Ender 3 Pro today and got it installed.  When I installed the firmware, everything seemed to go well, but the screen is not acting right.  I tried to do some digging and a few posts were saying to check the connections, try a different SD Card, and others said to install the firmware a second time but change the filename slightly by reordering the last 3 characters.  

I tried everything and am still having an issue with the screen.  I’ve attached a couple images to show what I’m seeing, but I’m hoping some one else has a suggestion that can help fix the issue.

ReplyQuote
hdrjroy
(@hdrjroy)

I have the same problem. Did you figure it out yet.

ReplyQuote
hdrjroy
(@hdrjroy)

@caps61 Have the same problem have you been able to fix 

ReplyQuote
Chadbrowick
(@chadbrowick)

My Ender 3 is doing the same thing put the CR touch firmware and boot up has software but now looks like your jpg unreadable. if anyone finds a fix please let us know feel like i broke my ender

ReplyQuote
phydeaux86
(@phydeaux86)

Posted by: @caps61

I tried to do some digging and a few posts were saying to check the connections, try a different SD Card, and others said to install the firmware a second time but change the filename slightly by reordering the last 3 characters.  

I tried everything and am still having an issue with the screen.  I’ve attached a couple images to show what I’m seeing, but I’m hoping some one else has a suggestion that can help fix the issue.

I have the same problem, but without the CR touch – just a couple days old.  Something is screwy with the firmware – and I think it came with a newer version than what I could download?
The above example only resulted in a blue screen for me – I have the RET6 chip on 4.2.2 board.  Getting a 4.2.7 board tomorrow though.

smokedogg420 reacted
ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)

@mm3dmaker Personally I have a GD32F303RET6 and not the STM32F103RET6, The 4.2.2 firmware on the creality site bricked my printer and I think the change in microprocessor is the reason. I find it strange they don’t have the firmware that was installed on my board on their site.

Robot831 reacted
ReplyQuote
traxxasandrew
(@traxxasandrew)

@mm3dmaker Hi sorry to bother you but have you tried to recompile that software yet I am having the same problem as the people above and I have tried just about every possible software and nothing is working for me because I have the GD32F303RET6.

also I have a bl touch and that is the reason that this whole updating the firmware thing started 

*edit 

I have used you software from above and I have fixed the screen issue is there a way that you could make it so that I can use my Bl touch with this software 

Thanks, heps

This post was modified 8 months ago by traxxasandrew

Robot831 reacted
ReplyQuote
MM3DMaker
(@mm3dmaker)

@smokinjoe Now there is a release of the firmware for both GD32F303RET6 and GD32F303RCT6, you can unbrick your printer now by flashing my compiled firmware which works.

Download links:

GD32F303RET6: https://dl.uploadgram.me/6246e44813e6fg?raw

GD32F303RCT6: https://dl.uploadgram.me/6246e44c8afb3g?raw

ReplyQuote
Kilowatt
(@kilowatt)

Same for me.  Recent purchase with 4.2.2 board and GD32F303RET6 processor.  Did the CR Touch upgrade.  My SDCARD was flakey and my display was garbled.  Tried printing and it was glitchy also.  After hours of debug and frustration I ran across this thread and tried the firmware file from @MM3DMaker.  My printer is back working with this firmware!  Thanks for your help.  Hoping to find a compatible firmware that supports the CR Touch….

ReplyQuote
sav_GUI
(@sav_gui)

Thank you, also thought I bricked the printer and this fixed it.

smokedogg420 reacted
ReplyQuote
smokedogg420
(@smokedogg420)

@mm3dmaker FINALLY!!! You are the 1st person to actually have solved this problem. Since yesterday until today (about 11 hours) of researching how to to and update and then how to get rid of the glitches, I have FoUND YOU! I wish I could give you hug through this screen. Thank you so much. I was ready to throw this f’er out the window.

ReplyQuote
AndroidBR
(@androidbr)

Posted by: @mm3dmaker

@smokinjoe Now there is a release of the firmware for both GD32F303RET6 and GD32F303RCT6, you can unbrick your printer now by flashing my compiled firmware which works.

Download links:

GD32F303RET6: https://dl.uploadgram.me/6246e44813e6fg?raw

GD32F303RCT6: https://dl.uploadgram.me/6246e44c8afb3g?raw

Thanks @MM3DMaker,

I just got myself a $100 Ender 3 Pro at Microcenter last week and already did a few upgrades; red metal extruder, CR Touch and replaced the soft bed springs with orange rubber pads. I’m really liking the much improved printing now.

My only complaint is in regards to Creality’s shite firmware they developed for the 4.2.2 board that came with my Ender 3 Pro.

Immediately after flashing the new firmware for the CR Touch, the display became a garbled mess. It’s like the characters are dancing around at random. Is the printer functional? Yes. But it looks like shite.

What’s up with that?

@MM3DMaker, I attempted to flash your firmware posted above, it looks great and has many more functions not present in the original firmware by Creality, however, I cannot seem find the proper menu options to auto level the bed and set z-offset with the CR Touch.

I’m afraid the firmware you uploaded is just an improved version over the original 4.2.2 board without BL / CR Touch. Is that accurate?

I’ve been emailing Creality’s CS for the last 2 days to no avail. They wanted me to replace the display, which is insane. They sent me the exact same firmware I had already flashed and the result is obviously the same. It’s their firmware that is causing the display problem, not the board, cables or the display itself.

I’m guessing this is happening because my board only has 256K and the firmware created by them was designed to be fully functional on 512K boards only. Are they even aware of this issue?

Would anyone know if there’s any custom firmwares out there for the 4.2.2 board and CR Touch for 256K boards only?

Thanks again guys!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
rcstek
(@rcstek)

I and a friend had the same problem a few months ago. I downloaded the firmware from here https://marlin.crc.id.au/ and it has been working with the CR touch installed, if you need it contact me

Rob

ReplyQuote