Ender 3 Pro Print S...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Pro Print Stops After Bed Leveling (G29) with Bltouch

kashmir42
(@kashmir42)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with printing after installing the Bltouch sensor, any advice would be helpful.

Setup:

• Ender 3 Pro

• Creality Ender Mainboard version 4.2.2

• Original Bltouch version 3.1

• Not the official Creality kit, but I have an extension cable and bracket in place

• Firmware: Ender-3 Pro_4.2.2_ BLTouch_Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1.2.bin downloaded from here (official Creality firmware, no modifications) (should I have downloaded it from here instead?)

What I've done:

• Followed this guide

• Basically, removed the Z stop button, mounted and connected Bltouch to the dedicated port on the mainboard, flashed the firmware mentioned above, set up the Z offset, performed a Bed Leveling Operation, added the G29 command in Cura Settings

What is happening:

• Upon heating the bed and the extruder, homing all axes, and performing the bed leveling on all 9 points, the printer apparently has finished the job and starts cooling the bed and the extruder, no error is shown on the screen other than "Ender 3 Ready" (can't remember the exact message, but nothing alarming).

• If a perform a Bed Level Operation on the Control Menu, (after many tries) it goes through the 9 points and stays at the ninth point, it does not go to the center or any other point as the guide mentions.

What I've tried:

• Inspected the gcode file and it seems fine (printing instructions after setup are there, at least)

• Tried printing two different files, both behave exactly the same

• I had some issues before I was able to perform the bed leveling through the menu correctly, where I already had the G29 command in the code, but upon starting the bed leveling when printing, after heating the bed and extruder, the bed leveling probed one point and immediately started printing (the Bltouch apparently failed, left the sensor out and nearly broke it, but I reshaped it), so I was once able to start printing after the G29 command, I just don't know what happened

Please, if there is any additional info you need to help me troubleshoot this, please let me know how to get it and I'll gladly share it

Thanks in advance!

This topic was modified 3 months ago by kashmir42

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Admin

@kashmir42  Hi bro.  Sorry, I have no solution about this, but the bed leveling probed one point and immediately started printing does not mean touch did not work. You can change the instructions for Bl-touch so that it will not test 9 points before printing to save some time. But your issue looks like the firmware problem.

ReplyQuote
kashmir42
(@kashmir42)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Thanks bro, I suspect it is the firmware too, I'm trying to compile one but I've hadn't had the chance to do so. I'll keep updating this thread with my findings.

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Admin

@kashmir42 By the way, If you find the problem is not the firmware. Try to check the BL-touch probe, sometimes it gets stuck or the sensing cable has some issue. Because I mentioned that your extension cable is not the official one with BL-touch kits. These may cause your problem. 

I am glad to see your updates.

ReplyQuote
kashmir42
(@kashmir42)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Yesterday I tried a compiled firmware I found on Reddit and it worked perfectly, he had the same struggles I had so It made sense. I'm going to do some more test prints today and if everything works, I'll link that post. 

Thanks mate!

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Admin

@kashmir42 Good to hear that!I am looking forward to your sharing as I would like to check it as well.

ReplyQuote
kashmir42
(@kashmir42)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin Yesterday I've been able to print 3 times without an issue, so I'm gonna call it as working. Here's the Reddit post with the firmware that I'm currently using:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ender3Pro/comments/iiiv8m/bltouch_on_ender_3_pro_v1_5_32bit_board_v422/

It has some instructions on how to compile the firmware yourself but I've hadn't had the chance to try it out, so I directly downloaded the firmware and went with it.

Let me know if you have any problems!

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up