Ender 3 Pro - Criti...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Ender 3 Pro - Critical resend ratio from OctoPi

Dtuxcomp
(@dtuxcomp)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I've been using OctoPi with my original Ender 3 without issue for ages. I just bought a 3 Pro to add to the collection, for quickness I just hooked it up to the Pi I was already using once I'd done some test prints. I keep getting an error message in OctoPrint saying "Critical resend ratio!" I have tried it with the USB camera and LED light removed, tested 4 different USB cables, even swapped to a different Pi and OctoPi installation. I've grabbed the latest main firmware from the Creality site for the Ender 3 Pro. Nothing I've tried has made any difference.

It prints fine from SD card but some prints from OctoPi are going wrong with sudden axis shifts or the head just going off the print mid air and then coming back, I'm assuming that's because it's not being instructed correctly.

Does anyone know of any other things I could try ? I've even given the USB port on the main board a blast of contact cleaner in case it was just a bit of dirt causing connection issues.

Thanks,

Dave.

EDIT:- This was solved by installing a new firmware upgrade from TH3D thanks for a suggestion on another forum.
This topic was modified 9 months ago by Dtuxcomp

ReplyQuote
chin
 chin
(@chin)
New Member Registered

Hi! Dave

It's Hardware error. NOT Software error!

Check "single point grounding"

OctoPi(RPi)GND(exp.6Pin)===1.6mm Copper wire===Ender3Pro(Chassis)

My error is gone:)

Chin From Japan

ReplyQuote
Dtuxcomp
(@dtuxcomp)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@chin Hi there, I totally forgot about this TBH, someone elsewhere guided me through installing a firmware upgrade from TH3D and that solved the issue straight away.

Thank you for your reply though I will look that up as well.

Take care,

Dave.

ReplyQuote
whatsit
(@whatsit)
New Member Registered

@chin

Hi Chin, 

i have the same problem with my ender 3 pro at the moment. Can you please go a bit more into detail? What do you mean with : 

"Check "single point grounding"

OctoPi(RPi)GND(exp.6Pin)===1.6mm Copper wire===Ender3Pro(Chassis)"

Thanks a lot!

take care, 

whatsit

ReplyQuote
Dtuxcomp
(@dtuxcomp)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@whatsit Thanks to help from someone on another forum I fixed this problem by replacing the stock firmware with the upgraded one from TH3D. I don't know if the single point grounding tip also works as the firmware swap cured all the problems I was having.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Dtuxcomp

ReplyQuote
whatsit
(@whatsit)
New Member Registered

@Dtuxcomp

Can you maybe send me a link to that post ? I would like to try this as well since I have the same problem with my new ender 3 pro 

Dtuxcomp liked
ReplyQuote
Dtuxcomp
(@dtuxcomp)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@whatsit Hi, I can't remember who actually steered me in the right direction or which forum it was on, but here's the page on the TH3D site that lists the steps needed to compile and flash the firmware, I'm using Linux Mint 20 XFCE4 and had no problems at all with installing the needed software to my PC so I could compile the firmware, copy it to the SD card and then flash the printer with it. Just take your time and read through all the steps.

https://support.th3dstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049104812-Creality-Ender-3-3-Pro-Ender-5-5-Pro-Firmware-V4-2-X-Board

Hope that works for you, if you get stuck just let me know 🙂

ReplyQuote