Ender 3 Pro 4.2.7 B...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Pro 4.2.7 Board Firmware Upgrade

Page 2 / 2

chrismaxi
(@chrismaxi)
Screw Registered

I recently purchase the v4.2.7 board for my ender 3 pro. It burnt out even though i followed the same instruction. not getting any Reponses from the manufactory via email. anyone able to help?

need replace the board!

ReplyQuote
mananu
(@mananu)
Screw Registered

I'm also just switched from a stock to a 4.2.7 board on my Ender 3 "classic"

I wanted to upgrade to Marlin 2, as I need arc support (G2/G3).

Can somebody point me to a working Firmware that is working for them?
I already wasted a dollar trying this piece of **** https://gumroad.com/l/nzufo  
But my ender couldn't find the endstops anymore and tried to kill itself while homing. 🤬  

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Extruder Registered

Posted by: @mananu

I already wasted a dollar trying this piece of **** https://gumroad.com/l/nzufo  

But that's for free when you enter the price of 0 A$  😀 

Read this and comments there if you have issues with compiling:
http://813studios.com/creality-4-2-7-marlin-bltouch-install-notes-ender-3/

ReplyQuote
CAMar
(@camar)
Screw Registered

I was having some of the same issues after upgrading to the 4.2.7 board. After I got the new board I got a BLTouch and was trying to upgrade firmware, but the system would just boot without updating. I tried 2 different micro SD cards (a 1 GB and a 2 GB), I renamed the .bin files, reformatted the cards FAT32, fully reformatted the cards, pulled firmware files from different locations… nothing. It would just add the EPROM file and boot. I was just about to return the board when I found a video that recommended using the 8 GB card that came with the system. I also remembered the system came with a USB to micro SD adaptor. I had been using a SD card to micro SD adaptor. I found a USB to SD micro adaptor (maybe the adaptor that came with the printer, but it’s been a while), reformatted the SD card that came with the system FAT32, loaded the stock .bin file and voila, it updated! I tried the same thing with the 1 GB and 2 GB cards (USB adaptor, FAT32, renamed .bin file) and it also worked with the 2 GB card, but not the 1 GB. So, the board is picky what it will work with. It definitely did not like cards formatted and written with the SD card to SD micro adaptor and only worked with 2 of 3 SD micro cards.

ReplyQuote
Greyfoxvt
(@greyfoxvt)
Screw Registered

First, Thank-You Akosin for your comment and link:

I too recently purchased the silent 4.2.7 mainboard for my Ender 3 V2.  I noticed that I lost certain functionality like the filament change command.  I wanted to upgrade the firmware and used the bin provided by Creality here which included the BLTouch I added:

(Ender-3 Pro_4.2.7_Firmware_Marlin2.0.1_V1.0.1_TMC2225.bin)

After loading this version of the Creality software, everything started working correctly. I do have to go through a home setting and Bed Leveling each time to ensure good printing, but that is worth it for me as long as the printer prints 🙂

This Combination works for the new 4.2.7 board with no adapter and BLTouch plugged directly into the new slot on the motherboard.

If you cant find the ,bin file, just search Google and you will see it and be able to download it. This was my link:

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/download/ender-series/ender-3-v2/

This post was modified 1 month ago by Greyfoxvt

ReplyQuote
pekohl
(@pekohl)
Screw Registered

I recently purchased and installed the new 4.2.7 32bit board for my Ender 3 Pro (with upgraded screen) and it's been running fine for a few months now. I wanted to install a BL Touch (bought from Creality) and tried to update the firmware to the 4.2.7 w/BL touch from the Creality site. I used an 8gb SD card formatted to Fat32 tried to update the firmware. It's stuck on the bootscreen with progress bar, but nothing happens no matter how long I leave it.  If I take the SD card out and try and boot the machine it's still stuck on the boot screen. I also tried compiling my own image (a la Teaching Tech) but my computer doesn't see the printer, probably because it's not booting all the way. So now I'm stuck with a non-working printer. Any idea how to fix this?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Scroll Up