Ender 3 print switc...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 print switch mid print

microkoz
(@microkoz)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

I have had a print fail twice in a weird way: midway through it completely switches and appears to try to print another file. I thought maybe originally it was because my washing machine is on the same circuit and pulled too much when it started up or something (did not lose power). I switched circuits, deleted the file, resliced, and again it failed at the halfway point. Same card, another file keeps doing something similar... corrupted card? Is the SD card completely trashed now? Is it possibly the card slot? Any other issue? I thought maybe Z binding, but that doesn't really fit what's happening when I can see the other print being attempted on top of the model I was printing. 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@microkoz So strange, I am thinking that if you only put one file in sd card. how the printer will work? As there is no other file to print. Would like to see that.LOL.

ReplyQuote
microkoz
(@microkoz)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin sorry, no there are other files on there. but i only deleted that particular one, re-sliced it, re-saved it, tried again. The first time there's clear lines where it shifted to start what looks like another print, the second time it was a little less obvious, but it moved THROUGH the print both times - like at the bottom the nozzle literally sliced through the print (that had to be really good for the motors).  i'm going to try to wipe the entire SD card next and probably go grab a new one. i just hope it's not the motherboard too. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Hot Bed Admin

@microkoz ok, wait for your updates. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up