Ender 3 Max Y-Axis ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Max Y-Axis Chatter on Startup

phlyx
(@phlyx)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just got a new Ender 3 Max a few days ago and going through my learning curve with it.  Finally got the bed leveled and go adhesion with my first layer which I was really fighting.  Printing with PLA and some test prints looked good.  When I first start to print, the head moves home and right after that the Y-axis shutters back and forth making a chattering noise for a second, then it moves out and starts printing.  Then all is well.

But several times it would do the same thing except when it started shuttering (rapidly moving back and forth very small increments), it wouldn't stop doing it.  I'd stop the print, check everything, power off and back on to be sure whatever was going on reset, and then it would print fine.  Still a little chatter at the beginning like it was trying to go in the wrong direction, but ends up printing fine. Nothing interfering, with power off it moves fine through the entire stroke, just that chattering at start up.

Hoping some experts can help a newbie out.

Thanks.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
phlyx
(@phlyx)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just started a print and when it first started the Y-axis chattered like crazy and just sat there doing that until I reached up and just tugged on the print bed a little and it took off and started working.  It's no where near the middle of the bed printing like it forgot where Y-axis home was but it appears to be fine now.  How can I tweak the Y-axis home position as it appears it's set beyond the limit of the drive?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

ReplyQuote