e3v2 pause for butt...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] e3v2 pause for button gcode?

jwzumwalt
(@jwzumwalt)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

What GCODE (Ender 3v2) should I use to pause until the user pushes the LCD button?

A manual bed leveling program I would like to use, uses 'M0' gcode to pause and wait for the user to press a button to continue, but the printer does not pause.

example

G28 ; Home all axis
G1 Z10 ; Lift Z axis
G1 X32 Y35 ; Move to Position 1
G1 Z0
M0 ; Pause print
G1 Z10 ; Lift Z axis
G1 X32 Y206 ; Move to Position 2
M0 ; Pause print

This allows the user to calibrate the nozzle Z height with a paper before proceeding. 'M0' does not pause on my e3v2 - what GCODE should I use to pause until the user pushes the LCD button?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

Replace M0 with M25 could pause the print.Ā 

ReplyQuote
jwzumwalt
(@jwzumwalt)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu - Thanks for the suggestion, however M25 causes the machine to freeze. I also tried M226 and the printer just ignores that; the same as it does M0 šŸ™

ReplyQuote
jwzumwalt
(@jwzumwalt)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

SOLVED - There is a software bug. The Ender 3v2 uses M25 but two things happen. 1st, no messages show, but after about 10 seconds the "pause" menu item changes to "print". Selecting that will allow the printer to continue. The menu item will not changeĀ  if the cursor selection remains over it - you must move it to tune for the next pause to show a "print" selection again.

Ā 

And... the display will not show any of the gcode messages - Ugg!

This post was modified 12 months ago by jwzumwalt

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@jwzumwalt thanks for sharing the information. touchscreen-based 3D printers do have some bug when we run customized G-codes. We will select more data and see what Creality can do about them. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
GeoStork
(@geostork)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @jwzumwalt

What GCODE (Ender 3v2) should I use to pause until the user pushes the LCD button?

A manual bed leveling program I would like to use, uses 'M0' gcode to pause and wait for the user to press a button to continue, but the printer does not pause.

example

G28 ; Home all axis
G1 Z10 ; Lift Z axis
G1 X32 Y35 ; Move to Position 1
G1 Z0
M0 ; Pause print
G1 Z10 ; Lift Z axis
G1 X32 Y206 ; Move to Position 2
M0 ; Pause print

This allows the user to calibrate the nozzle Z height with a paper before proceeding. 'M0' does not pause on my e3v2 - what GCODE should I use to pause until the user pushes the LCD button?

This is a bug in the Creality firmware and is the same question I have for them regarding firmware upgrades.Ā  Apparently not yet fixed.

ReplyQuote