Forum

Dec 24th 2020 Firmw...

Notifications
Clear all

Dec 24th 2020 Firmware Update ...what i did wrong?

Daffod
(@daffod)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I have Ender V2 and i try to do latest update posted in download from Dec 24th it allows the Z axis to go to 350. I use the original card came with Ender 3 and did update and it went through...but nothing was moving...no motors were powered up. I also tried using 2 GB sd card formatted in FAT32 and it did nothing no change...i am right now at 1.0.2 firmware i rolled back and everything is working fine. To roll back i used Bin file on original card came with Ender.

Any specific steps i am missing? or is just too new firmware posted on Dec 24th 

ReplyQuote
tinman
(@tinman)
New Member Registered

I too am having a problem updating the firmware...I have a Ender 3 v2 without the BL touch. However I loaded the BL touch firmware Marlin 2.0.1 V1.3.1 to the card.

I realized my mistake and flashed the Marlin 2.0.1 V1.0.1 (29 Aug 2020) and now it won't autohome. 

But why is the Marlin 2.0.1 V1.0.2 from an earlier date? 

ReplyQuote
consultjb
(@consultjb)
New Member Registered

@daffod Did you format the 2GB card at 4096?  I have read this is very import and will cause problems if it is not.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@tinman Marlin 2.0.1 V1.0.1 (29 Aug 2020) is for the V4.2.7 mainboard version, I guess V4.2.2 is the mainboard in your printer. 

But why is the Marlin 2.0.1 V1.0.2 from an earlier date? 

cuz they are for different mainboards.

ReplyQuote
Daffod
(@daffod)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@consultjb i am too scared to try again with Dec 24 firmware ..unless some one can confirm that its working and increased the height to 350 or else i will wait...

ReplyQuote
dmhueber
(@dmhueber)
Active Member Registered

I can confirm it works. Have not actually tried the full z axis height.  I used it for 2 days, but I only wanted it to practice flashing.  I followed a youtube video and built Marlin from source code. In that december release I thought I might keep it, until I notice that pause commands in gcide files still do not work. But I had no problem with a few prints with that firmware version.

ReplyQuote