Creality ender 3V2 ...

Notifications
Clear all

Creality ender 3V2 mother board dead ?

Ma Na
(@ma-na)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, that' my first post on this forum, hope this question was not already treated. I was levelling the bed, I put the bed temperature at 55, nozel at 205 and when I had finish, the sceen only show the Creality logo and no way to find the menu. I shut down the printer, put it on again but nothing changed. I controlled all the connection, even on the motherboard , everything seems ok. I tried to start the firmware from the sd card but I always have the Creality logo on the screen, and no way to find the menu. I imagine that my mother board is dead, but before ordering a new I would like to know if I can try  something else. If I need to change the mother board, can somebody confirm if the motherboard "V4.2.7 Silent"  can be used on the 3V2 ?

Thank for you opinions.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

Before changing the mainboard, let's do some troubleshooting. 

1. connect the printer to a PC and use a 3D printer controller like pronterface to remove the printer(mainboard), see if everything works. If so, it would be the screen problem.

2. flash firmware for both the mainboard and the screesn.

This video explains the V4 version mainboards very well. 

ReplyQuote
Ma Na
(@ma-na)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi eli-liu, thanks for your help. I 've just tried to connect the printer with Pronterface, but the computer doesn't find the printer. It seems that the printer connection doesn't work . So I have ordered a new mother board. I will let know if that option give me a solution. The video is very clear ? 

Thanks for now

ReplyQuote
Ma Na
(@ma-na)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I had some exanges wity creality support and after a few test they confirm that the mother board is dead. They will send a new one.

Thanks for your support

ReplyQuote
Ma Na
(@ma-na)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,  couldn't wait the mother board from creality, so I ordered the 4.2.7. I followed the description on the video to build my firmware.bin and everything seems perfect. But when I tried to test the printer, the start line on the left was printed normaly, but after that, it just start on the same corner and with a really smaller size 2cm by one instead of 8*13 cm in the middle of the bed. I controlled all the wires, they are all well connected and glued. I restart building the firmware.bin a few times, but I always have the same result .I went on creality website, there is a firmware for the creality3v2 with the 4.2.7 mother board, but always with the BL Touch, none without. Hope somebody will find a solution for me.

Thanks for the moment.

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@ma-na https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/ender-3-v2/

Ender3 V2-4.2.7-32bit_

Marlin-2.0.1_V1.0.1_TMC2225 

I have no idea how this problem happened. If the firmware could help, please take it.

ReplyQuote
Ma Na
(@ma-na)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Eli liu, thanks a lot for your help. I've upgrade the printer with your firmware, but µI still have the same problem.... printing smaller and in the front left corner. If I move the head by the menu prepare/move I can go anywhere aon the bed. I'he tried other object to print, but the same thing happen. So I think I have to wait the 4.2.2 mother board from Creality and cross the finger .

Anyway, again thanks for your advices.

Marco

ReplyQuote