Brand New Ender 3 P...

Notifications
Clear all

Brand New Ender 3 Pro screen glitches and not reading SD card properly

phydeaux86
(@phydeaux86)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I am having issues with my screen showing glitchy text on all menus when scrolling. Also, SD card will show inserted, but will show "No TF Card" in the menu...and if I do get the gcode files to show up by ejecting and inserting the card, when I try to scroll through them, the scroll behaves very strangely and I can't select any files (it's almost like it does page up/down and not file-file) . It worked fine out of the box (I just bought it two days ago) - but I did multiple things between the time it was working flawlessly and before I noticed this behavior starting.

1. Plugged into my PC directly.

2. Plugged in Raspi for OctoPi

3. Attempted firmware update.

I have board version 4.2.2 (I have a silent 4.2.7 board on order).

I am not sure what caused this. I attempted updating (and downgrading) firmware (I have attempted v0.0.5, v1.0.1), checked all cables, etc.

I don't know if the problem is the screen, the board, the cables, all of the above...or what caused it? If it was a bad firmware update that messed up the board or if it was some kind of power/voltage spike that smacked it when I plugged in my pc or pi.

Octoprint works flawlessly, as does the actual printing and all sensors/steppers - it's just the screen and flash media that misbehave.

ReplyQuote
phydeaux86
(@phydeaux86)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Resolved with a new board!  Upgraded to 4.2.7 silent board - and all work.
An older version on there it seems, but I'm not messing with updating it unless I have to as all functionality I currently want is there.

ReplyQuote
Kilowatt
(@kilowatt)
New Member Registered

I had this same issue after upgrading the firmware on the 4.2.2 board for CR Touch support.  It turns out Creality has started making these boards with a different processor chip GD32f303RET6 verses the STM32 chips.  these new processors are not compatible with the firmware currently available from the creality.com.  I found firmware that got my printer working again on this thread https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/ender-3-series/ender-3-pro-screen-unreadable/#post-8427

Robot831 liked
ReplyQuote