I have an Ender 3 Pro with the V4.2.2 32-bit board. I was installing a BLTouch V3.1 today and it seems that I can no longer update the firmware. I have tried 2 different 8 Gb SD cards, I have formatted them multiple times (FAT32), I only copy the .bin file onto the card, I change the name to something unique, and the end result every time is that I get a blank blue LCD and nothing happens. No matter how long I leave it on, nothing happens. I don't know if you can brick one of these boards, but it seems that I did. Is there a way to recover the unit?
What firmware did you use and which display do you have? Maybe only firmware for wrong display.
Did you try previous firmware version that has worked before?
I have the monochrome LCD screen with the blue backlight. I've been trying to return to the original firmware, but have tried a few different versions of the V4.2.2 images that are available from this forum and the Creality web site.
I am too.
I upgraded to the Silent board V4.2.7 and BLTouch noticed that the menu options did not have the BL touch option so following the directions I downloaded the firmware and copied to tn SD card.
now my screen is blue no activity
@mlevand Have you powered off the printer when you insert the SD card into the printer?
Long story short, I think my V4.2.2 board is bricked. I ended up ordering a V4.2.7 silent board (it really is much quieter, the only thing you really hear now is the fan). Installed the new main board, powered everything up and verified that it worked. I downloaded "Ender-3 Pro-4.2.7-TMC2225
Marlin2.0.1-BLTouch-V1.3.1(with adapter board)" since my BL Touch has the display adapter from this forum, placed it on an SD card, inserted it into the slot (with the power off). Powered the unit on and it took the update. You can tell since the buzzer will start to beep and the BL Touch option is in the menu. I then connected the BL Touch using the adapter board for the 3 pin connector and the 2 pin connector replaces the z-axis microswitch. It took multiple times connecting and disconnecting to get it to work and I have no idea why, but once it started to work, it seems to work reliably. I set-up the offsets and kicked off a test print of the dog that Creality includes. So far, so good.
If anyone has ever burned the bootloader on one of the 32-bit boards, I'd be interested to hear about it. I'd like to see if I can un-brick my V4.2.2 (I haven't checked the forums yet for this topic).