Clear all

blue screen of death lol

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
tysonfloyd
(@tysonfloyd)
Topic starter  

So i recently bought 2 3 Pros and then bought the touchscreen upgrade, but I could not get the screen to function properly.. it would no longer read print files. now I am trying to put the stock screen back and it is not taking new firmware. I have tried multiple times and nothing the screen is just stuck on the blank blue screen.

ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)

@tysonfloyd Check your microcontroller (biggest chip on the mainboard), if it is a GD32F303RET6 try this firmware (I assume it is a 4.2.2 board), I compiled th3d’s Unified 2 it worked with my newer stock ender 3 with this microcontroller. The older 4.2.2 boards use the STM32F103RET6 and it seems the firmware on crealities page is not compatible with the new MCU. here is a link to the firmware that worked for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19LBQDJZbs5lMmIKL9613EjpPmn-3XJ5k/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully this gets you printing again, be aware this is for stock configuration, no cr/bl touch or touchscreen mods. I will try to compile a touchscreen version for you but I have no way of testing it, This one i know works. Just make sure your SD card is formatted to fat32 with 4096 byte allocation. 

tysonfloyd reacted
ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)

Also I only have the standard ender3 not the pro, but this should work on both.

ReplyQuote
Smokinjoe
(@smokinjoe)

Another thing, if you could give me the model of touchscreen I will see if I can compile you firmware that will work with your screen. I assume it is the official creality one?

This post was modified 7 months ago by Smokinjoe

ReplyQuote
tysonfloyd
(@tysonfloyd)
Topic starter  

@smokinjoe i returned that junk already lol and yes it was Creality brand.. I will try that firmware right now

ReplyQuote
tysonfloyd
(@tysonfloyd)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @smokinjoe

@tysonfloyd Check your microcontroller (biggest chip on the mainboard), if it is a GD32F303RET6 try this firmware (I assume it is a 4.2.2 board), I compiled th3d’s Unified 2 it worked with my newer stock ender 3 with this microcontroller. The older 4.2.2 boards use the STM32F103RET6 and it seems the firmware on crealities page is not compatible with the new MCU. here is a link to the firmware that worked for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19LBQDJZbs5lMmIKL9613EjpPmn-3XJ5k/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully this gets you printing again, be aware this is for stock configuration, no cr/bl touch or touchscreen mods. I will try to compile a touchscreen version for you but I have no way of testing it, This one i know works. Just make sure your SD card is formatted to fat32 with 4096 byte allocation. 

bro thank you!!!! that shit worked like a charm!!

ReplyQuote
tysonfloyd
(@tysonfloyd)
Topic starter  

@smokinjoe ok so since I put your firmware on this machine I have not been able to get a successful print made. I have tried about 10 prints, 3 filaments and nothing. For example when printing a temp tower for PLA at 215 about mid way it starts getting stringy like the z is not moving correctly.

ReplyQuote
tysonfloyd
(@tysonfloyd)
Topic starter  

@smokinjoe ok so since I put your firmware on this machine I have not been able to get a successful print made. I have tried about 10 prints, 3 filaments and nothing. For example when printing a temp tower for PLA at 215 about mid way it starts getting stringy like the z is not moving correctly.

ReplyQuote