Bed Adjustment - Wo...

Notifications
Clear all

Bed Adjustment - Won't

Diggum
(@diggum)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Before I buy a new set of adjustment wheels/springs, I wanted to confirm that this is my problem...  Using my printer the other day, I went to level the bed, and just could not get the right rear corner to come away from the nozzle, no matter how much I spun the wheel.  Pushing down on the bed would allow it to move away from the nozzle, but not adjusting the wheel.  So, do I need the adjuster wheel upgrade kit before I make my next doodads?

Thanks, in advance!

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Eminent Member Registered

I was wondering maybe you can also adjust the z-axis limit switch up higher to make the nuzzle off the bed. ? Don't know whether it works. 

ReplyQuote
Diggum
(@diggum)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@cyt Thank you for your reply.  Doing a little more research, I learned that the wheels are entirely plastic, so they strip out easily with that fine, small thread.  I'm sure that is what has happened, so I ordered new wheels. 

I'm not digging the anodized red color, though.  I wish they were black, or even gold.  Oh, well.  They should be here this week, and I'll be back up and running.  In the meantime, I'm not using the printer for fear of the nozzle digging into the bed.

ReplyQuote
Diggum
(@diggum)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Update:  I received and installed the upgrade kit.  The springs are much stiffer than the original springs, and I worry a little about wear on the wheels, but as stiff as they are, maybe the wheels won't move as much as the originals, so wear will be minimal.  The new wheels seem to have corrected the issue I had.

FYI, for those wondering:  The original wheels are plastic, but they have threaded brass inserts.  Though the thread on the right rear looked to be there, I suspect that the hole was bored a little oversize, and ended up with barely any thread to hold on to the bed screw threads.  

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Eminent Member Registered

@diggum Thanks for the reply, I will report this issue of the oversize. 

ReplyQuote
Diggum
(@diggum)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@cyt Thank you!  It is only my assumption about the threads, though, and not confirmed (but the new kit did fix the problem). 

Other than this, my printer has been AWESOME!  It makes lovely prints, even though I'm clearly a novice at this.  I'm super happy with my Ender 3 Pro!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote