4.2.2 BL-Touch With...

Notifications
Clear all

4.2.2 BL-Touch Without Adapter

tiego
(@tiego)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, I have now received and connected the BLTouch. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as it should.

I connected the sensor to the connections on the mainboard and installed the firmware (4.2.2 Ender-3 pro 32bit Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.2without adapter board.rar) Picture in Attach

I have not used an adapter and have not removed the Z limit switch.

What have I done wrong?

This firmware (4.2.2 Ender-3 pro 32bit Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.3.1with adapter board.rar ) is not the right one because I don't use an adapter board.

The 4.2.2 board doesn't need this OR?. This adapter is missing in my Set.

Thanks Markus

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

If I remember correctly, only old mainboards need an adapter. You do need to remove the Z limit switch connection from the mainboard since BL touch is the replacement of the Z limit switch. 

ReplyQuote
tiego
(@tiego)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Good day,
I have now converted the printer to the BL-Touch and connected it as shown in Figure A. I used the version "4.2.2 Ender-3 pro 32bit Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.2without adapter board.rar" as firmware

Unfortunately, the nozzle is rammed into the heated bed again and again for no reason.
Is this a fault of the sensor or in the firmware. Is wiring A or B correct? I can find both on the internet and some Forums.

Thank You

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by tiego

ReplyQuote
krispy
(@krispy)
New Member Registered

Hoi all

I am new on the forum

I have put the BLtouch v3.1( special version for the ender 3v2 with adapted cable and bracket and no adapter print ) on my ender 3V2
The motherboard is a 4.2.2 one with the connector for the BLtouch on itI just opened the undertray to put in the cable on the white connector and closed everything back(
So i took the firmware who was on the creality website from 29 august 2020

V2-4.2.2-32bitMarlin-2.0.1_V1.3.1-BLthouch
(The original firmware was 1.0.1 out of the box)

Then i formatted a sd card in Fat 32 and putted the *.bin file of the downloaded file on itPutted it into the printer and powerd up , black screen like explained , but the printer is not coming out of it
What goes wrong ?

any sugestions ?

This post was modified 7 months ago by krispy

ReplyQuote
krispy
(@krispy)
New Member Registered

Hoi All , problem is solved

clearly there was an mistake , i toked the firmware for the BLV1.3.1  , these was not working for my setup ,

I toked afterwards ( to try )  the version V1.1.1 and then the printer was back alive

BL touch is working fine and the rest is also working well

So I happy again

ReplyQuote
lolo
 lolo
(@lolo)
New Member Registered

can anyone confirm what os going on these files are all gone from the server what ones do i use now 

bltouch v3

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@lolo Hi, What are you looking for? The BL-touch firmware for V4.2.2 mainboard for ender 3?

ReplyQuote