8 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Mac-7
(@mac-7)
Topic starter  

Let me explain

Suppose I want 10 copies of the same print

But instead of printing all ten at once, one layer at a time I want to each item completely, then do the next

Can it be done?

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member

Yes in slicer software you can choose to print items completely one by one.

ReplyQuote
CYT
 CYT
(@cyt)
Eminent Member

I also want to do the same thing as well! However, at the same time, I feel like it’s really risky to print individually, since the nuzzle may hit and bump into the completed print and destroy the print. 

3nderUser reacted
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member

@mac-7 Search for “print sequence” in the special modes tab.

ReplyQuote
Mac-7
(@mac-7)
Topic starter  

@3nderuser

Can I do so only in Cura or does it work with Creality slicer too?

BTW thanks for the reply.   

This post was modified 2 years ago by Mac-7

ReplyQuote
3nderUser
(@3nderuser)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @mac-7

@3nderuser

Can I do so only in Cura or does it work with Creality slicer too?

BTW thanks for the reply.   

Under Expert settings you can choose “Print one at a time”. 

ReplyQuote
m1kta
(@m1kta)

I’d look in your slicer settings. Most will have an option to reprint the same object multiple times with user interaction required between each one.

This method is a 6 of one half dozen of another though as you will have to remove the part and clean the bed each time especially if printing in same place every time and you have a start/stop routine that runs each time. That will have to also be cleaned off. This can be a major pain if printing say 10 flexible cable sections and clips (so 20 objects) you will want to probably print them all at once as they will fit on the bed. The slicer will allow you to do that so you import one object and multiply it and set out on the bed (assuming got the space for them all).

Movement/travel between objects becomes the issue and retraction settings etc. The important fact is that the slicer software will know to print all objects a layer at the same time so you are not likely to have one object start to print making the head knock another that has already finished.

This of course assumes you working from an STL file and not finished gcode. If it is the later then you are going to have to do it one at a time.

ReplyQuote
Wolkenkutscher
(@wolkenkutscher)

Hello,

i am using Slicer 4.8.2, when i choose the option “Print one at a Time”, there occours an message, that the usable height is adjusted (smaller then my objects).

Does anyone know a solution? Can not print with this setting?

Thanks Markus

ReplyQuote