Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Will there be any upgrade\accessories available for Ender 3 Max?

Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I’m wondering when any upgrade or accessories will be available for the 3 Max?  I haven’t had much luck in finding a magnetic bed, better springs, etc for this printer. I know it’s a relatively new printer. I would like to change the glass bed with a PEI magnetic bed or similar. The springs that come stock aren’t the best and can’t be tightened down much because of the Z limit switch being non-adjustable. I’m not sure what happened there in that design. Any insight on things like this would be great. Thanks Jerry

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@jerry3dprint As I know, there is the BL touch kit you can upgrade for 3Max. For the bed, you can use any other brand of the same size(300*300 I think?) The springs should be standard for most DIY printers.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu

thanks, I do have the bltouch that I had on my Ender 3 pro to use on the 3 Max. If going with a different 300mm x 300mm bed. It needs to be the same thickness as the glass bed it came with because of the z end stop switch not being able to be adjusted up or down. So going with a magnetic bed such as a PEI bed, won’t work because even with the glass bed on. The bed springs are at their highest point. I think the z stop switch not being able to be adjusted is a design flaw. 

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

@jerry3dprint I see, the 3 Max now has a fixed location for Z stop? If the leveling cannot compensate for the distance, you may try to use T nuts for the Z stop to move its position like ender 3. It's hard to get the same thickness bed.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@eli-liu

That was my thought on the t nuts, but wasn’t sure if they would work. That would be great if that would fix that!  Then a different bed can be used as well as have more pressure on the bed springs!  Thanks!  

ReplyQuote
Finest
(@finest)
New Member Registered

You can print a new z limit switch mount.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4710425

Or do what I did and just take a drill bit and elongate the holes to gain that extra height.  Just a few mm's will do.

The bed springs are yellow upgraded springs, and they've held my leveling settings very well after a few weeks of printing.  

I prefer the stock bed since parts pop off once it cools off, no scraping or removing the magnetic plate.  The less intrusive the better.

ReplyQuote