Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Struggling with BLTouch

vfrvulcan
(@vfrvulcan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just got my Ender 3 Max and got the BLTouch to go with it. Did a manual level before installing the switch and got a vaguely reasonable first print. Installed the BLTouch and installed the

Ender-3 Max 4.2.2 Mainboard BLtouch firmware V1.0.1.6 – BLTouch.bin

but can't get it to Z Offset correctly. If I home the device it homes and retreats to 15.77mm, retract the probe and lower the mech, the nozzle will hit the paper at +2.00mm instead of a negative figure. The retracted probe is still above the nozzle.

I installed the Marlin bin from @holmes4 (

)but this will not let me move the Z axis below 0.00, which is still above the bed. So there's some confusing results between the two firmwares with the Creality thinking I'm hitting the bed with a positive value and the Marlin coming down to zero but not reaching the paper.

Confused as to what to try next

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @vfrvulcan

but can't get it to Z Offset correctly. If I home the device it homes and retreats to 15.77mm, retract the probe and lower the mech, the nozzle will hit the paper at +2.00mm instead of a negative figure. The retracted probe is still above the nozzle.

I did not see any issue. No one says that it has to be a negative number.

ReplyQuote
Circuitous
(@circuitous)
New Member Registered

When using the Marlin firmware that @holmes4 created, there is a Z-offset wizard in advanced settings. That lets you set it and can go below 0.00.

ReplyQuote
vfrvulcan
(@vfrvulcan)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Apologies for the delay in replying, I'm subscribed to this topic but didn't get any notifications of any replies.

@kevin Thanks. I hadn't considered that it could be a positive value as the probe when deployed is below the nozzle but above when retracted. I'll try again with the +2.0 area and see what happens.

@circuitous Again, thank you for your input, if I don't get anywhere with the standard firmware and @kevin's revelation I'll reinstall the Marlin firmware and look for the wizard.

Thanks both

Aaron

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@vfrvulcan Good luck!

ReplyQuote