Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SD card reader not working !!!!!

Convarion
(@convarion)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

So i have pulled the printer out of the box brand new and followed the instructions step by step and when I went to put in the SD card the white symbol on the LCD screen shows the card is inserted but when I go to the menu it says card not inserted. Ive looked everywhere for a fix and found there isnt even a topic for this. PLEASE HELP.......I WANT TO PRINT STUFF.

Note: when I go to insert the card the guides send it off track. and make me put the card in crooked. Workaround: I have to force the card to the side to insert straight.

I have copied all the info to my computer and reformatted the SD card to no avail.......

I wanted to try to install the direct link too the computer but the drivers I can get to install.......

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I MISSED SOMETHING AND ITS NOT A DEFECT AND I HAVE TO SEND IT BACK FOR A REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!

Thanks

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@convarion You need to check the issue that the problem is your SD card or the sd card slot on the mainboard. Change a new SD card, if the printer still can not recognize the card. Then you can ask for a replacement.

ReplyQuote
Convarion
(@convarion)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@kevin

Well I am able to read and write to the card using a USB converter doohickie that came with the printer. So I am assumng its the printer. There isnt a step I am missing or a plug I am missing? I noticed on the back of the circuitboard for the LCD screen there are 2 other plugs but the instructions only told me to plug 1 thing into it and I know for a fact the instrctions never say anything about pulling the wire out of the power supply and pluggin it in to the cord attached to the bottom cross frame. I had to figure that out on my own when I couldnt get it to turn on. Is it possible the instuctions left something else out and there are 2 other plugs that go into the LCD circuitboard?

ReplyQuote
Convarion
(@convarion)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Well I figured it out the card goes in upside down. There is no warning about this...... thanks kevin for your help.

ReplyQuote
scopefarm
(@scopefarm)
New Member Registered

@convarion 
I had the same issue, and I realized the file name should not be too long. wasted 2 hours on it...
So silly, uh.

ReplyQuote