Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Not homing with CR touch

DynamoBen
(@dynamoben)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm trying to get the CR touch to work on my Max. With the BL version of firmware when it homes the Z access is way too high for the CR touch to reach the bed. So the CR Touch extends and retracts and the Z axis moves up. This repeats two times before stopping. If I home again the Z axis just climbs higher; it never goes down.

I've successfully rolled back to the non-BL firmware and it homed and printed correctly (using the Z limit switch).

Is there a way to get the CR touch to function correctly? Where am I going wrong?

This topic was modified 2 months ago by DynamoBen

ReplyQuote
DynamoBen
(@dynamoben)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

It seems the Z was getting jammed on the way down, I loosened the guide wheels a bit an it now makes it all the way to the bed and touches. I'll continue to monitor but this is solved for the moment.

ReplyQuote
DynamoBen
(@dynamoben)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm still struggling with this. Each time I use the printer I need to tweak the roller tension to get the Z axis to successfully home. Once adjusted things seem to work fine until the next time I use it. 

When it fails I get the behavior I described above or I get a failure "PRINTER HALTED" that requires a power cycle. What is odd about this is when I use the FW that doesn't have the touch enabled the Z homes with the stop switch just fine.

So am I dealing with a software or mechanical issue? It feels like software and if so I guess I could try a current version of Marlin? Alternatively I guess the CR touch could be overly sensitive. Not sure how to proceed.

This post was modified 2 months ago by DynamoBen

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered

I have seen "PRINTER HALTED" when the BLtouch cable came disconnected. You may want to recheck the wiring.

DynamoBen liked
ReplyQuote
DynamoBen
(@dynamoben)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @holmes4

I have seen "PRINTER HALTED" when the BLtouch cable came disconnected. You may want to recheck the wiring.

Re-seating the stepper motor connections at the control board seems to have helped. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

ReplyQuote