Notifications
Clear all

Max with 4.2.7 + BLtouch, wont store Z offset

bradm3m3m3
(@bradm3m3m3)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey there,

Recently purchased the 3 Max, upgraded to 4.2.7 by compiling my own firmware which worked but I cannot get it to store my Z offset. I can go through the Z offset wizard which works great but when I go to print something it starts off about 5 points higher then it should. 

Any ideas what I could look for? 

Thanks, B

ReplyQuote
mouse
(@mouse)
New Member Registered

@bradm3m3m3 

Hi.

Same thing as my ender 3 max, 

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered

Did you do a Store Settings after setting the offset? Which version of Marlin did you use? The one Creality supplies (maybe even their sources) won't save settings to the NVRAM on the board.

ReplyQuote
bradm3m3m3
(@bradm3m3m3)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I did store the settings with the SD card in place and added G29 after the G28 home in the gcode. I'm aware the card is required to keep the settings and so I only use a single sd card to keep things simple.

I initially started with the creativity stock firmware for the Max(Ender-3 Max 4.2.2 V1.0.1.6 – BLTouch), but had to compile my own for the new 4.2.7 board.

My 4.2.2 board has a fried z axis stop (came like this) which is why I replaced it with the 4.2.7 board and now this adds to the complication as creality doesn't provide firmware binaries for it.

It seems the printer is always starting to print at the home position (z axis 4.7 units above the surface), I could lower it in the g code but it seems like a hack. I'm probably missing something simple.

Anything specific I need to set in prusaslicer for the bltouch? Everything worked great great with just the Z stop.

I appreciate the help holmes.

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered

You would need to add G29 to your start gcode in order for the printer to probe the leveling.

You might want to look at https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/ender-3-max/building-marlin-2-0-for-the-ender-3-max/

ReplyQuote