Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Firmware will not update

Pauljp
(@pauljp)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I am new to printing and to this forum. I have a 3 Max with stock firmware V1.0.1.8 and a V4.2.2 main board. I am trying to update the firmware. When I copy only the successfully compiled bin file to the SD card, I insert it into the printer, power it on and it boots up normally, ready to print still using the stock firmware. It will not update to the new version. I have tried Marlin and TH3D firmwares. I am using VS Code. I compile using the check mark at the bottom as well as "Auto Build" plug-in, and they all show "Successful" when complete. I have tried various SD cards (1GB, 2GB, 64GB) and all do the same thing. No upgrade. It does however write a new EEPROM file to my SD card. Any help is appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Pauljp
(@pauljp)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Well after staying awake all night thinking about this, I found the solution. My SD cards that I was using (1,2,64GB) were not able to be formatted to FAT32 because of their sizes. I didn't have anymore micro SD cards to try but I did have an 8GB regular size one. I formatted it to FAT32, installed the bin file and used a micro>regular card adapter to connect it to the printer. Powered it on and the firmware installed easily. So I guess it is vital that we use only FAT32 to install.

Thank you to all and I hope this info will help others.

ReplyQuote