Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 max and BL touch

Mapilla
(@mapilla)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm trying to install Bl Touch on my ender 3 max: I've putted off the Z stop cable, install the firmware ( by Eli liu) find on this forum and I have this problem: the nozzle stay always at 5 mm above the plateau: impossible to put a Z offset to solve this problème. someone can help me ?

and when I try to print something the nozzle remains 5mm above the plate

thank you

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Mapilla

ReplyQuote
fixender3maxbl
(@fixender3maxbl)
Nozzle Registered

I am having the same issue, it won't work. Looking for something to solve this issue. Maybe Marlin can save the day and make a new version better than the one that is out atm. Also, the board is not optimized for silent steppers. 

ReplyQuote
Mapilla
(@mapilla)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Ok thanks; do you now where i can find the original firmware without the BL Touch to come back ?

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Cooling Fan Registered

I got it working, though the process of getting the nozzle to zero when you are printing is convoluted and not described in any of the documentation I have found.

The key is "Probe Z Offset" in the Bed Leveling menu. I found a value of -2.9 worked for me, but this will depend on exactly where your BLTouch is mounted, so start with -2 and adjust from there. Repeat Auto-Home and Level Bed between each adjustment, then do Store Settings when done.

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Cooling Fan Registered

Oh, and you had better remember what you set the offset to, because the Ender will forget it when you power off, even if you Store Settings.

ReplyQuote
Mapilla
(@mapilla)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

thank you very much, when i’m back at home i try it

ReplyQuote
Leoo
 Leoo
(@leoo)
Screw Registered

@mapilla So how did it go? Thinking of getting BL touch myself for 3 max

ReplyQuote
Mapilla
(@mapilla)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

@leoo i think i’ll test it next week

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Cooling Fan Registered

I have BLTouch working fine on my Max.

kooter liked
ReplyQuote
Fanatic1074
(@fanatic1074)
Nozzle Registered

@holmes4

I hate to hijack this thread but i have two questions if you dont mind.  On my Max i cannot adjust my Prob Z offset down to the hundredths level.  it will only allow me to manipulate it in tenths.  Any fix for that?

Second.  I dont know if i am doing this right, i bought the BLtouch to help with uneven bed surfaces, however it does not seem to do anything.  I added G29 to my Gcodes and it probes the bed 9 times but still i have obvious high and low spots.  Could the printer be ignoring the BLTouch measurements or maybe the BLtouch isnt telling the printer the new values?

Thanks, im brand new to this and really would appreciate help from someone with experience here.  

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Cooling Fan Registered

If you install a BLTouch, you need alternate firmware that recognizes it. For the Max, Creality has one on their site, but it is old.

You're right that the stock firmware allows setting the Z offset only to tenths. Marlin 2.0 is better in this regard, allowing much finer control. You may want to see my other thread on building Marlin 2.0, where I provide a BIN for the stock 4.2.2 board with BLTouch.

ReplyQuote
Fanatic1074
(@fanatic1074)
Nozzle Registered

@holmes4

I did see that.  I dont know what version of the board i have.  I know its at least 4.2.2 because i have a micro USB port on mine.  However ill have to wait for my 15 hr print to finish before i can take the panel off to see the board itself.  

So that firmware you posted will work with mine you say?  As long as i have 4.2.2.  Do you have one for 4.2.7 if i have that?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Cooling Fan Registered

I have one for 4.2.2 in this thread. I give instructions for building a 4.2.7. If you want I can build it for you - ask in the other thread and tell me if you want Unified Bed Leveling enabled.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by holmes4

ReplyQuote
clamstrip
(@clamstrip)
Nozzle Registered

@holmes4, yes please post a bin!  with UBL enabled.  thanks!

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up