Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Max 4.2.7 silent board firmware

Page 3 / 3

holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered

I figured out the Marlin changes on my own, and now have the Max working with the 4.2.7 board, BLTouch and Marlin 2.0.7. Easier than I expected.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

Nice!  Glad to hear!  What do you think of the board compared to the 4.2.2 board?

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

Too soon to say, really. As I wrote earlier I didn't notice much noise from the old board. The fans drown out everything. I also enabled Unified Bed Leveling, which I have never used before and takes some learning. 

ReplyQuote
Jslwelch
(@jslwelch)
Active Member Registered

@holmes4  Awesome!  Care to share the Marlin file?

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

I will, once I am happy with the results. Not there yet. Some weird issue with extrusion is bugging me.

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

ReplyQuote
tws4711
(@tws4711)
New Member Registered

Hi, I Need some help, I have upgraded to  4.2.7 mainboard on my Ender 3 Max, but have not found any firmware that does not cause problems with the Z axis making loud stepper noise, or my Max wont auto home, keep getting a reset message, as you can probably tell I'm new to 3d printing and am struggling, any help would be appreciated,

thanks Trev

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

Did you try the firmware in the link I posted above? It worked fine for me. If you have specified the wrong driver chip, you'll get behavior similar to what you describe.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3