Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ender 3 Max 4.2.7 silent board firmware

Page 2 / 3

Jslwelch
(@jslwelch)
Active Member Registered

The bracket appears to be an issue. Had to make slots in the bracket so that the BLT could be raised up somewhere about 1.5mm-2.5mm.  Then completed the 9 point test multiple times (while adjusting the bed) to get similar readings on the corners.  Next was adjusting Z on the fly while printing a wide first layer.  Seems to work!  Prints look good...

Just got a BLT bracket STL file from Creality.  Seems they figured out the L bracket in the BLT 3.1 kit is incorrect.

kevin liked
ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@jslwelch  Hi, Glad to see you got help from this forum!

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered

I have a Max working with Octoprint and a Pi3B+. Octoprint complains about the firmware, saying it doubles characters in the temperature values (it does - there's a plugin to compensate) and I am getting lots of retries. I also had an Ender 3 V2 and that seemed a lot more polished. I've found several bugs in the Max's user interface. I am using a BLTouch and that works.

The Z limit switch is ignored if you have BLTouch - at least that is my experience.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

I now have a custom compiled firmware using Marlin bugfix 2.0 with the 4.2.7 board. Running pretty good!  A lot better than the buggy firmware that came with the stock 4.2.2 board. 

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

@jerry3dprint Good to know. Please share when you can.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

Hi,

What would you like me to share?

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

@jerry3dprint Source, or what changes you made to Marlin. I can build it. I think I have the 4.2.2 board, so may have to source the 4.2.7.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

Sure, are there any modifications you have made to the E3Max or is it stock? If you are thinking of upgrading to the 4.2.7 board. I can provide the changes in Marlin. It will be the base firmware which includes bed size, and the runout sensor. I’ve used the creality 4.2.7 board on my E3 Pro and just recently on the E3 Max without issues and very happy with that board. 

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

Stock.

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

4.2.7 board ordered.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

ok. 

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

Nice!  I think you will be pleased by the difference in the stock board versus the 4.2.7 board. They said that the 4.2.2 board is silent. Really wasn’t the case for me. The 4.2.7 board solved that as well as the firmware. ?

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

To be honest, even the 4.2.2 board is quiet - not that you could tell over the power supply fan!

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@holmes4

I printed a fan duct for the PSU fan.  Helps a little bit.  I did have noise coming from my extruder motor with the 4.2.2 stock board.  It was silent for the most part, but after installing the 4.2.7 board, it was a WOW! for me.  🙂

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)

I have that same power supply on my Prusa and printed the fan duct for it. It helps a bit, but still noisy.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3