Clear all

Ender 3 Max 4.2.7 silent board firmware

Page 1 / 3

Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, 

Im not seeing any firmware for the 4.2.7 silent board for the Max. Without compiling my own. Will one be made available in creality downloads for this printer?  The stock 4.2.2 doesn’t seem fully silent on mine. The extruder motor is the one that is making noise. I believe that the 4.2.7 board would work for this printer if the firmware was available. I haven’t purchased the board, but want to check for a just in case I need to replace as that is the board I would put in. 

ReplyQuote
atlaskin
(@atlaskin)
Nozzle Registered

@jerry3dprint

there is sadly no firmware yet for the max but the 1.0.6 on creality website.. this company really don't know how to take care of the customers in after sales. i had to make my own from a stock ender 3 Config and sadly it  didn't work. because i never done such things but at least i tried.

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@atlaskin

Thanks, 

I would think a month or two of sales of the Max, that options such as firmware for a common 4.2.7 main board would be available as well as any upgrades, or replacement parts. I’m having a hard time even finding a quality PEI magnetic bed for it. I was homing that I would find the same one that I had put on my Ender 3 pro would be available in the 300x300mm size. There are some available from other sources, but not goo quality or they don’t have the two piece magnet. 

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@atlaskin

im also finding out that the bed springs aren’t the same size as other Ender 3 models. I went to replace the springs with silicone spacers and they were too short. After checking the size of the existing springs. They measured out to be 28mm uncompressed. Getting pretty frustrated with the Max and the availability of parts or upgrades so far. Come on creality, this printer has been out long enough to have those options or parts available on Amazon or else where. 

ReplyQuote
fixender3maxbl
(@fixender3maxbl)
Nozzle Registered

With all this information i will be sending my ender 3 max back i think and get another one... 
My ender 3 max wont hold/store any information and wont even work with BL. This is a bad buy from my side and i think they made a big error here. 

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@fixender3maxbl

Sending back to get another Max?  Creality should be making the board upgrade available as well as other hardware. I purchased mine through Comgrow. I have a support case open with them currently to fix a couple things. Hoping it will get resolved. If not. My next move will be to return it. Most Enders that didn’t come with the 4.2.7 board are upgradable, so not sure what’s going on with the Max. 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
LCD Sreen Admin

@jerry3dprint You are right, Most Enders that didn’t come with the 4.2.7 board are upgradable, except for Max. Hopely Creality could fix this earlier.

ReplyQuote
tampe125
(@tampe125)
Nozzle Registered

Ok, so just to be clear: there's no available firmware update for Ender-3 Max, am I right?

Well, I guess I'll have to go the hard way and install Marlin from scratch...

ReplyQuote
Jslwelch
(@jslwelch)
Heating Block Registered

@tampe125 Seems you are right.  Mine came with Marlin 1.0.1.8 and I cannot find that anywhere.  I want the stock file before I try and do something with BL Touch 3.1 so I can at least recover the unit after I mess it up.

Did you get your BL touch working on your 3 Max?

ReplyQuote
tampe125
(@tampe125)
Nozzle Registered

@jslwelch Yes, I'm playing with it right now. First of all, the whole site is a mess. If you want to add BL Touch support, you have to download the firmware from here:

Drop it into an empty SD card, plug it and you should have the new firmware.

Then you can follow the guide to connect your BL Touch sensor

ReplyQuote
Jslwelch
(@jslwelch)
Heating Block Registered

@tampe125  The only one shown there is 1.0.1.6 which is back a couple levels from where I am now (1.0.1.8...)  Pull the 1.0.1.6 and go with it?

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

I just replaced the stock board with the 4.2.7 board. I compile the Marlin firmware using the config files for the E3 Pro. Just need to change the bed size and settings for the runout sensor. 

ReplyQuote
Jerry3dprint
(@jerry3dprint)
Heating Block Registered
Topic starter  

@jslwelch

I haven’t had the time to setup the bltouch on the max yet. I wanted to get the 4.2.7 board first and get it up and running first. 

ReplyQuote
Jslwelch
(@jslwelch)
Heating Block Registered

@jerry3dprint    I tried the firmware 1.0.1.6  Dl'd from the creality site.   Seems to have an issue with the z axis sensor height, and I'm thinking the issue deals with the bracket and sensor range of the BLT.  I'll test to confirm after school.

ReplyQuote
tampe125
(@tampe125)
Nozzle Registered

@kevin any instructions on how to flash the board with Marlin? I still can't connect with USB using Pronterface, I suspect there's something I'm missing.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Scroll Up