Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Building Marlin 2.0 for the Ender 3 Max

Page 3 / 6

RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@holmes4 First off, thank you for all the work you've done to create this. IMHO Creality owes you a paycheck. Is there any chance you could post the source code for your E3Max-202-427.zip? I need to change the thermistor. I'm a complete newb, but I think I could figure out the change and compiling from there. Configuring from Marlin source, however, gives me the cold sweats 😀

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@holmes4 As @roninp mentioned, Creality does owe you a paycheck. LOL? ? Thanks so much for your work. It is very helpful for all Ender 3 Max owners.

ReplyQuote
3Dwannabe
(@3dwannabe)
New Member Registered

Thanks for posting the Marlin 2.0.7.2 build for the 4.2.2 MB with a BL Touch.  It solved some odd issues I was having when performing an Auto Home and Bed Levelling that there did not seem to be a resolution for.  I suspected firmware might be the cause but now it seems that it was definitely the issue since all is working great now.  I love some of the added features available now too.

ReplyQuote
user.paulo.garcia
(@user-paulo-garcia)
New Member Registered

Hello Friend!

I tried to use all firmwares from creality, but I still have problem to print with spiralize mode (vase mode cura). The issue is that after print the bottom layers and star to spiralize, it crashes. Seams that the firmware is lagging. The extruder make a line and stop, make a line and stop, ...

Ive tried diferents versions of cura too (4.6.2 and 4.9)

Did you guys note the same problem? There is any solution for that?

thank you all

\,,/ 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Noble Member Registered

@user-paulo-garcia Hello, friend, Have you been successfully printed something with Vase mode? Could you send me your G-code to see?

Vase mode requires that you know the model very well and it onld suitable for the print with thin walls.

ReplyQuote
RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@user-paulo-garcia I'm a complete newb, but I do recall people speculating that issues with vase mode may be related to either the slicer you're using (Cura seems to have an issue with not having a "true" vase mode, maybe try Prusaslicer) or the way the ender's resume print feature works (it writes to the SD card to EEPROM so it has somewhere to resume from and supposedly vase mode blows its tiny little mind and it freezes up, no clue how to fix that). But, yes, I have experienced the same issue the one time I tried to do vase mode using Cura 4.8 and printing off the SD card. I don't know if either of those is the case, but maybe it's a place to start?

This post was modified 6 months ago 3 times by RoninP

ReplyQuote
RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@holmes4 are you pleased you changed to the SKR board? If so, what are the advantages or positives about it and is there anything you don't like? 

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

@roninp, I can't tell you yet. I made a bunch of other changes and am currently struggling to get the BLTouch to work. I'll check in later.

ReplyQuote
RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@user-paulo-garcia I tried Prusaslicer and that didn't fix the problem for me. I'm going to update the firmware with the bin that @holmes4 posted and see if that's any better.

ReplyQuote
RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@user-paulo-garcia Updating the firmware did it. I'm currently printing the prusaslicer g-code and it's moving along like it should. No more stops and starts and the menu still responds. At some point I'll check to see if Cura works also

ReplyQuote
RoninP
(@roninp)
Active Member Registered

@holmes4 I just installed the bin you uploaded and so far so good. Thank you. I really like some of the features I've seen in Marlin 2.x, especially being able to set the z offset to hundredths 🙂

Good luck with your current efforts.

If you happen to get the chance would you post the source code for the bin? It would be appreciated

ReplyQuote
rb9999
(@rb9999)
Active Member Registered

@holmes4 I have an Ender 3 Max (I have and Ender 3 Pro I have been using for about a year).  If I do this and decide to revert back, can I just redo the Official Creality firmware from their website?  Just in case I find something wonky somewhere?

ReplyQuote
holmes4
(@holmes4)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

@roninp, you want ALL the source code? Really all you should need is the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h. Which variation do you want (board version, BLTouch?)

@rb9999, yes, you can always revert to the Creality firmware. 

ReplyQuote
thefritzgeek
(@thefritzgeek)
New Member Registered

I love the new firmware (especially since I didn't have to compile it!). However, it seems that on my stock board for Ender 3 Max the progress indicator stays at 100%. The bar and everything else on the display is accurate. Didn't look too long but couldn't find anyone having this same problem. It's not a deal-breaker, but an accurate percentage would be nice.

ReplyQuote
-RedBeard87-
(@redbeard87)
New Member Registered

@holmes4

Hi, any way you can share a 4.2.7 ender 3 max firmware without bl touch?

I have tried numerous times to compile my own and it always fails. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6