[Sticky] Brick. Any ideas?
Let me start from the begining.
After finally beating the adhesion, temperature errors, PRINTER HALTED and all that – got a few prints done. But coming from Ghost 4s – it is very annoying to go to the machine and use the pixel screen in order to print. So, I decided to setup and Octoprint.
After beating to death my old 32bit laptop trying to install Linux 18.04 LTS – finally did it. Octoprint was running. Did a test print – everything was good.
Before next print I manually setup to heat the nozzle and went to clean it with metal brush. When was done with that (nozzle was at 160 out of 245) – I pressed “print” on Octoprint and screen on the printer froze. Octoprint didn’t say anything. I have pressed “restart Octoprint” and screen on printer went blank.
Connecting via USB cable to Octoprint or Windows PC – no devices show up.
Trying to flash it – also doesn’t work. I have tried nearly every single possible step out there for Ender 3 V2, hence they come with same motherboard. Which is 4.2.2 btw.
Steps I have tried and that doesn’t work:
- Connecting via USB to Octoprint on Linux (with and without power on the printer)
- Connecting via USB to Windows (with and without power on the printer)
- Checking whether the cable is OK – it’s okay, Android device is working with it.
- Trying to flash via SD card firmware with CRtouch and without for 4.2.2 (only .bin file on the card)
- Trying to flash via SD card firmware from 4.2.7 (I did that once by mistake, thought it might help)
- Formatted the SD card to FAT32 for each attempt in step 4 and 5.
- Each step 1-6 was followed by a power plug-unplug
- Used a special tool from sdcard.org to format the card
- Used another SD card.
- Repeated steps 4-5 trying to rename the file to something else (as it might recognize file from before)
No matter what I do and how long I wait – nothing happens – screen remains blank.
No physical damage or interference has happened. Checked the fuses and connecting – all good. CRtouch does the initial probe when powered on, fans start up – but nothing happens beyond that.
Are there anymore steps to try? Or I have to buy a new motherboard and never mess with Octoprint ever again?
The only step I found and wasn’t able to try – flash via Cura. But that’s because when printer is connected to a PC – nothing happens. It doesn’t show up in the manager. Yes, I have that CH34 driver installed as I occasionally connect Arduino to the PC.
You can't use the Ender 3 V2 firmware, as it assumes a different display than what comes with the Max. You could try the firmware I posted in https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/community/ender-3-max/building-marlin-2-0-for-the-ender-3-max/
@holmes4 It's nice to find a fellow maker who knows his firmwares. Do you have discord or other way we can talk?
Cheers from Brazil
@brunao No, I don't have a discord. If you have questions, you can ask them here,, but I don't check in here frequently. There's also the Ender 3 Facebook group, which I belong to - it has a lot of Max users.
If the thermistat devices are new and servos are good, and you are still having issues get a new board. I was having similar problems so i plopped down $35 and got the creality 4.2.7. worked like a charm since. Just saying. ? ? ? ?