Clear all

using cr-6 se all prints fail at any layer height

rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Community,

I'm having an issue with my cr-6 se that has me baffled, when printing any model the z axis drifts up causing it to fail, the thing is its not a clog it just drifts up and stops extruding, it happens on all models i try to print, it prints a perfect purge line every time perfect. I have upgraded to the latest creality firmware and that didnt change anything, I also flashed the community firmware which also had no effect, I've tried different slicers, different sd cards to no avail, has anyone come across this problem? thanks for any ideas. I'd just like to add, the z drifting up happens on different layer heights.

ReplyQuote
sdmeier
(@sdmeier)
Active Member Registered

@rlw Start with something simple.  Make sure all of your cable connections are tight to include the motherboard. 

ReplyQuote
Phil Free
(@phil-free)
Active Member Registered

@rlw it's not easy to see what the problem on the picture. but according what you said I think that you should check if the screws of the Z axis couplings are tight. In general check all screws every where on this printer ! mine comes with a lot of screws not tight correctly some too tight and other not tight. For example the screws of the bed, I mean the screws under the glass were totaly loose vs the eccentrics of beds wheels were too tight at the point that it could'nt move !

This post was modified 1 year ago by Phil Free

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@sdmeier yes i have done so.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@phil-free I had heard about the loose screws and I tightened everything up.

ReplyQuote
rlw
 rlw
(@rlw)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I've been looking at the x gantry, should all the wheels move freely? at the moment the single inside wheel is tight, while the outside wheels are moving freely Thank You.

ReplyQuote
Phil Free
(@phil-free)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @rlw

I've been looking at the x gantry, should all the wheels move freely? at the moment the single inside wheel is tight, while the outside wheels are moving freely Thank You.

It's hard to explain because it's more of a feeling than a rule. But it should be as you explained.

Another point that may be the cause of your problem is the Z axis driver Vref. Typically these vref problems are more on the X, Y axis. The consequence is a misalignment of the layers. but it could be a reason for Z axis drift. I measured the Vref of all drivers and if I remember correctly the value for X,Y axis drivers is 1.34 volts and 1.15 volts for Z axis and extruder drivers. Please confirm these values ​​before changing anything.

I will not explain here how to calculate the correct values ​​because I am not able to do it. Many youtuber videos have been made to explain how to calculate and how to apply the new values. If you usually have this problem, it's probably because the value is too low. Even if your measurement is the same as the value I provided here, it may be too low for your printer. So another safe way to change it is to change it empirically by increasing 0.1 by 0.1 and see each time if the print result improves. With this method, you will have to go carefully and check each time if the Z axis stepper motors are too hot. Between 50 ° Celcius and 60 ° Celcius it's normal, but above 60 ° Celcius motors can be damaged.

Note that there is only one driver for the two Z axis motors.

In any case You must proceed with caution !

ReplyQuote