Unable to install d...

Notifications
Clear all

Unable to install driver for USB connection

tinkmaster
(@tinkmaster)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm about to pull my hair out here. The instructions are incredibly vague, and it appears that nothing at all has been done to enable Plug and Play functionality for the mainboard used in this printer. I even managed to put my PC into a state where it bluescreened immediately after the BIOS startup and couldn't be recovered in any way. Fortunately I eventually discovered the solution was to unplug the printer from my PC (took me longer than it should have to realize I hadn't done that yet).

Okay, enough venting. I'm at the point where I plug in the printer and see a USB Serial device in Device Manager with a yellow triangle on it, just like the instructions suggest you can expect. However, whenever I try to update the driver by browsing to the files provided on the SD card, none of them work no matter what I try. I always get "Windows was unable to install your USB Serial - Windows could not find drivers for your device." Googling doesn't help at all since it seems nobody else has had these same issues.

Does anyone have any advice on things I can try to get this to work? I'm probably missing something small and/or stupid, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Gypaete
(@gypaete)
Active Member Registered

Hello tinkmaster,

I was in the same situation as you 1 month ago.
look at the post "Extruder Calibration CR6 SE" of 26/03/2021 10:43 pm, I put some information to connect in USB safely with a computer.
The driver I used is the "Ch341ser.exe" for the motherboard in version V4.5.2.
You must first check the version of your motherboard for the right driver and then check if your USB connector is not faulty.
See the video.

Sorry for the language, I use an internet translator. 😏 

ReplyQuote
tinkmaster
(@tinkmaster)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@gypaete Thanks for the reply! Where can I get that .exe file? It isn't on the SD card and isn't in any of the driver files I've downloaded so far, either.

ReplyQuote
tinkmaster
(@tinkmaster)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@gypaete I looked up that executable name on Google and found it here. Once I installed it, everything worked!!! Thanks so much! I wish Creality would actually include these files with the printer instead of providing completely useless ones, but whatever. Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Gypaete
(@gypaete)
Active Member Registered

Hello tinkmaster,

On the internet, there are a lot of sites that offer the driver. You are spoiled for choice! ....
Choose the most recent websites.

This driver is for the V4.5.2 motherboard! .....

Be careful!... watch the video for more security if you have never connected a computer to your CR-6-SE printer via USB.

ReplyQuote
校工叔叔(Mr. Au)
(@nice)
Eminent Member Registered

May I ask why connecting the printer to the computer?  It's not necessary unless you want to do some deep tweaking..

Most users are printing from SD card or use Octoprint/Wifi box.

ReplyQuote
Gypaete
(@gypaete)
Active Member Registered

Hello,
with the last version of the firmware 2.0.1.3, a usb connection is still necessary to calibrate, for example, the motors of the extruder, the X,Y,Z axes and the PID through the slicer applications.

Indeed I use a sd card for printing!

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up