Touchscreen Freezes...

Notifications
Clear all

Touchscreen Freezes Mid print

Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys, Just got a Cr6-SE for christmas, loving it so far, a great upgrade to my original ender 3 that was getting old.

I've done one small print, and the touchscreen froze at like 29% of th eprint, totally unresponsive, and is frozen to 29%, although the print kept going and finished with no issues. After power cycling the printer, the touch screen is back. I updated the FW of both printer and display, hoping it would solve the issue, but on my second print (post firmware upgrade) the screen froze agin , around the 30% mark. Same issue, unresponsive, but the wasn't interrupted and finished without issue.

I'm scared to try longer prints without control, has anyone run into this issue?

I hope there is an easy fix

Cheers guys

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

Which version of firmware you are using right now? This issue happens occasionally to me, like 1out of 20 prints. Could be a faulty screen or some hardware issue. You can ask the seller for more info. Or use the Creality wifi box or cable lol.

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey ! I'm using the latest Upgrade Package V2.0.1.3. 

It happened to me on every print so far :/ I'll contact the seller to see if they have a solution.

What's the the Creality wifi box or cable ?

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

you can see here the print completed but the screen is frozen to an earlier stage

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@kaisergoutch could it back to normal if you shut down and resume the print when the screen freezes. 

wifi box is one wireless box to remote a printer from cellphones. cable means connecting the printer to a pc and print from pc software.

https://forums.creality3dofficial.com/creality-wifi-box/

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Oh cool thanks !

Yeah I didn't try to powercycle th emachine while its printing. But it's a bit annoying that it happens everytime

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I turned the machine off while it was printing, it started printing back without issues, and the screen came back alive, but only for like a minute. It's still printing now but the screen is frozen again, it's really annoying and I can't fine tune the prints. I emailed the resseler, I will let you know what they said

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)

@kaisergoutch thanks for sharing. 

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Contacted the reseller, and they contacted creality, after a bit of back and forth and sending some videos, creality is sending me a replacement display. I'll let you know when it arrives, hopefully that fixes the issue!

ReplyQuote
Kaisergoutch
(@kaisergoutch)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Just to update on this, the resseller contacted creality and they sent me a new display, and it works great now, so it was indeed a deffective display !

ReplyQuote