So, the CR-6 SE has...

Notifications
Clear all

So, the CR-6 SE has an 8 or 32 bits motherboard?

Page 1 / 2

Kyuss
(@kyuss)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I want to know if the CR-6 SE Motherboard is 8 bits or 32bits. In your english product page you say "A Quiet Printer: 32-bit silent motherboard, ATmega2560 control chip..." Ok, BUT the ATmega2560 IS an 8 bits microcontroller, so you are saying two different things at once.

Please let me know because I'm about to buy your printer, but I need to know waht kind of motherboard you are selling now.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Eli liu
(@eli-liu)
Reputable Member Registered

The first batch of 6SE used an 8-bit microcontroller. They changed to 32 bits later. All the new firmware now is 32bits. STM32F103 RET6 is the current chip from what I know.

Kyuss liked
ReplyQuote
Kyuss
(@kyuss)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

So, Are they selling the post 1st batch in the official shop I assume?

Thanks for the response, the problem is knowing if a particular unit being sold by a shop is from the first batch or not. But thank you very much.

This post was modified 9 months ago by Kyuss

ReplyQuote
tankhunter8192
(@tankhunter8192)
New Member Registered

How would I find out which board is inside?

ReplyQuote
kDJXEYYs
(@kdjxeyys)
Active Member Registered

@tankhunter8192 just flip the printer on it's side and remove the mobo panel, the one at the front of the machine. There is a screw on top of the housing beneath the print bed to the left of the y-axis rail that also needs unscrewed. then you can see the board revision number printed near where the power supply leads come into it. 

ReplyQuote
Maxhex
(@maxhex)
Active Member Registered

my dealer says the mainboard 3D V4.5.2 is a 32 bit that is true

ReplyQuote
Maxhex
(@maxhex)
Active Member Registered

On the Chip stm32f103

ReplyQuote
Ukmm30
(@ukmm30)
Active Member Registered

Hi could someone help me identify which board I have please. 
I am having issues with the heating bed and hot end not warming up , when I select heat nozzle on the LCD panel the keypad no longer appears .

I assumed it may be software related so I want to try to Reflash the software to see if it fixes it .

however I am struggling to work out which board I have , or does it even matter if I’m installing the newest firmware from Creality 

cheers 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@ukmm30 Creality V1.1.0.3. It the old version mainboard for 6SE. Now the default mainboard is V4.5.3.

ReplyQuote
Ukmm30
(@ukmm30)
Active Member Registered

@kevin

thanks for that. Do you know if there is any firmware floating about the internet that would be suitable to flash the board. 
cheers 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@ukmm30 Why are you want to flash your firmware? Is your printer got any issues now?

ReplyQuote
Ukmm30
(@ukmm30)
Active Member Registered

@kevin

yep. The hot side isn’t working at all , also the lcd panel isn’t working very well , for instance a few of the menu items don’t work and when trying to select a manual temperature the numerical key pad doesn’t appear 

ReplyQuote
kevin
(@kevin)
Prominent Member Admin

@ukmm30

All of a sudden it's not working? What did you do before that? Before you flash the firmware, I recommend you check you wiring connection first.

Attached is the firmware for the 8bit mainboard and reference video. Both mainboard and LCD screen firmware.

Attached is the 

ReplyQuote
Ukmm30
(@ukmm30)
Active Member Registered

@kevin

it was working perfectly and i was very happy with it .

i wanted to change the filament so i manual set the temperature of the extruder to 200 and replaced the filament.

i then tried to set the manual temp back to 0 and the keypad wouldnt appear , after a few seconds the boot screen appeared but the progress bar was empty and did not reboot.

i had no choice but to cycle the power , and now the hot side will not function at all and when i select manual temp the keypad will not appear .

i also tried to connect my printer to the PC to perform an update as per the video but my PC cannot detect it .

i have checked all connections and found no issues 

ReplyQuote
Ukmm30
(@ukmm30)
Active Member Registered

is my board the 8k version ?

i have played around with some firmware and version 1.0.4.1 sort of works , i can now preheat pla and both the extruder and bed heat up , i am still unable to manually set the temperature as the keypad dose not appear .

i attempted to print a small test item and it tried but ended up making a massive blob on the extruder 

i must say the level of customer service is shocking and confusing , there are several different creality sites and no clear instructions for what board needs what software 

i really have no idea of the mainboard/screen firmware i need

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Scroll Up