Clear all

Prints fail randomly, printer reboots

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
cosmicinsane
(@cosmicinsane)
Topic starter  

I just purchased a CR-6 SE a few days ago.  Overall, everything seems to work and print great.  However, when I try to print anything that takes more than 30 min or so, I almost always get a failure.  The printer stops, screen goes blank, and it then reboots, shows the startup screen, then comes back with an error “Print file detected for accidental stop”.  I thought it might be an SD card issue since the card reader holds the SD card very loosely, but I put a piece of tape over it and it still happens.  Should I return this one and hope a new machine fixes the issue?  It’s a 3 hour drive to the store where I got it so I don’t want to return it if I don’t have to.  The printer is stock, no modifications and has the 2.0.1.8 firmware.  

ReplyQuote
cosmicinsane
(@cosmicinsane)
Topic starter  

Update on this, it appears to have been an SD card issue.  I was using Sandisk and PNY 8gb SD cards formatted to FAT32 4096.  After randomly failing every print that took longer than 15 min or so, I decided to try some 1gb no-name Chinese SD card.  So far using the generic card I haven’t had any more failures during print.  Lol I’m not sure how many prints without a failure I have to do to verify an intermittent problem is fixed but it’s looking good so far.  

ReplyQuote