Printer stopping mi...

Notifications
Clear all

Printer stopping midway through prints - no x-axis movement leftwards

Onionman
(@onionman)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Printer is randomly stopping itself from moving in the X axis. Attached photo shows it jammed. it extrudes a lump of filament then stops moving.

The print head will move to the left by hand without any resistance but the control panel won't move it leftwards. Immediately after the print has blocked, if I use the control panel to move the head up, it moves. Then, when I click to move it leftwards it jinks left for a fraction of a second then moves right.  After that first attempt to move it, it just ignores any request to move leftward.  There's no notchiness to suggest that there's any kind of physical block or damage to the band. It's as though the printer "forgets" that it can move the print head to the left.

Once the printer has been switched off and back on again, all is well for a while but the problem recurs at some point; this makes me more convinced that it's not a mechanical fault. Four out of the last five prints have failed this way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Onionman
(@onionman)
Nozzle Registered
Topic starter  

Additional info: It's happened on different models so I've ruled out a slicer problem.

Also, video attached. This is AFTER I've first tried to move left, when the head jumps rightward to the point it's at at the start of the video.

ReplyQuote
rickroyston
(@rickroyston)
Nozzle Registered

I just had this failure this am.  I found that after it fails I can't move on the negative x or y-axis.  Were you able to find any solutions?

I will work on getting some video evidence later this weekend.

This post was modified 2 months ago by rickroyston

ReplyQuote
Scroll Up