Print is too high a...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Print is too high at the x-axis origin side

silvalen
(@silvalen)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

EDIT: Updated the firmware to the latest available on Creality's site and the print is now working as expected.

I have a print that is starting out too high - at least 20mm above the print bed. After the print starts and the nozzle begins to move to the right (away from the x-axis origin), the nozzle will correctly lower to the correct bed height for the print. However, as the nozzle goes back toward the x-axis origin, the nozzle again raises too high above the bed.

I was able to successfully print with another file right before this happened, so it's not the printer. Any ideas on what could cause this?

This topic was modified 2 years ago by silvalen

ReplyQuote
argescreations
(@argescreations)
Active Member Registered

go back to your slicer and check to see if you have zeroed your x,y,z axis in the move tab.

ReplyQuote
silvalen
(@silvalen)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@argescreations - Thanks! I think it was actually a problem with the firmware. I updated to the latest available firmware (which included a "Optimize Z-axis compensation logic to reduce printing errors and improve printing stability" fix) and the print is now working correctly. Will definitely keep in mind the advice to check the slicer if it happens again.

ReplyQuote